Mgt 8.0 - mgt 4.6 - cen 7.7

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAV-G

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I'm new to this board and just wanted to share a few pics of my new Team Associated MGT 8.0 that I just bought to add to my collection of BIG Block RC monster trucks. Also pictured is my CEN Genesis GST 7.7 and Team Associated MGT 4.6. Hopefully someday to get a HPI Savage XL 5.9 to add to my collection ;)

221b_zps8aedd0f4.gif

216b_zps0a33ea4d.gif

218b_zpsd73384a4.gif

230b_zpsc79486b0.gif

Last edited:
Itsa dayumm shame those are soo clean. Nice rides I still want to try the gst 7.7

Thank for the compliments guys, yes they definitely need to see some dirt time. Only the MGT 4.6 have had the honor of seeing dirt so far. Hopefully will have some video up on soon.

Is that the mgt that has been on eBay?

Added a quick vid of my MGT 4.6, enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you recommend out of those three? I'm looking to get a new MT (I have a Savage 4.6). Looking for something that is fairly durable out of the box, stock engine comparable to the F4.6, and lots of tuning options.

I would go for the MGT 8.0. Those Cen trucks are pretty hard to get parts for only place I have ever found parts is on ebay. I have never been a fan of the cen's stock engines.

I would go for the MGT 8.0. Those Cen trucks are pretty hard to get parts for only place I have ever found parts is on ebay. I have never been a fan of the cen's stock engines.

Agreed. The MGT 8.0 is a beast.

The CEN engines aren't terrible, but make nowhere near the claimed horsepower, and the NX-76 doesn't rap very high. I bought one, rebuilt it, tried to use it in my Losi Mega Baja. Ended up with a 1-speed truck, as it either wouldn't upshift due to lack of RPM, or I had to back the 2nd gear clutch adjustment off so far that it was basically always in second gear. No options for changing gears out on that truck, so out came the .46 and in went my OFNA .32. The .46 makes quite a bit of low end torque, but doesn't have much up top.

Back