Hope Racer1966 is ok.....UPDATE Randy and Family are safe and ok!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ralph, nice work there.

---------- Post added at 5:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:29 PM ----------

I think I'm gonna make an effort to not complain about the weather as much.

[/COLOR]I think I'm gonna make an effort to not complain about the weather as much.

+1 to that.

I've been bitching about it simply raining last week and yesterday around here.

Hey guys,yes I AM alive and my family and I are all OK. Thanks for ALL of your thoughts and prayers! This is my first chance to get online,I have no internet access at home and won't for some time. I also do not have a smart phone so I'm sorry it took so long to check in.

It's been a wild week so far,I was at a restaurant a few blocks north of where the tornado crossed Rangeline Road in Joplin. We pulled in just as the sirens were sounding and electricity went out as we went in the door. I went outside to see if I could spot the storm. That was easy,it was like a giant wall of darkness moving across from the west. I ran back inside and everyone was being moved into the cooler/kitchen. We emerged to just some debris and a lot of water . It wasn't until I tried to go home that I found what had really happened. The pictures/videos you all see don't really describe how bad and widespread the damage is. It was just a horrific sight. That's all I got to say about it. The city will never be the same.

My mother's Heath Center was the worst for my family,it was just on the edge of the destruction but everyone survived uninjured. We have had to move her to Springfield until the facility is back in operable condition. We have one member of our church that is as yet unaccounted for and one of my guys at work has a daughter in serious condition. She was in her mother's car on the Home Depot parking lot and was sucked/thrown out. It took a 2 hr search to find her. Her mother is ok.

Really I just can't talk anymore right now. It may be a while before I can get back on but I will be back. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Glad you and your family are ok, thanks for checking in with us and I hope the best for you. Check in from time to time if you can and let us know how things are going!

Really glad your ok man! I hope your friend gets found soon too!

I am so glad to hear you and your family are all safe Randy! Thanks for letting us know, I know we can all breathe a bit easier now. Be safe, and take care of what you need to, please let me know if there is anything we can do for you bud.

great to hear you are ok.. I am sory to hear about your friends though!! We were all going nuts hoping and praying for you man!!! And go figure the time he gets on I was at work today.. imagine that.. either way great to hear from you man and be safe and be strong!!!

Ditto here! Glad you had a sec to check in, now take care of your family, friends, neighbors and so forth. We'll be here when you can get back to bashing and R/Cs...

All the best...
Mark

I'm really glad to hear you guys are safe and sound Randy. I keep finding pictures online, it wasn't until I found one of an entire Wal Mart that people were holed up in that was demolished until the scale of it all really sank in. There was nothing left, of something the size of a Wal Mart, simply mind boggling.

I'm glad you're okay and that you're family is doing well.

I was working in Avon Park when Charlie hit, at lemon Tree apartments. I had to repair or re-shingle all the roofs only to have them tore up again in two weeks. Plus an Oak tree looks three times larger when it's on the ground than when it's upright. I was whipped after cutting them all up and loading them on to trucks, and redoing the roofs, in August, in 100 degree weather. I don't miss that Florida heat at all.

I don't remember exactly which apts. were lemon tree, I think it was the apts behind the taco bell but i'm not sure.

Either way, I was in cape codd mass a few years back and it was 100+ degrees. I wouldn't think it would be much better there in the summer? I'm in Tn now, it gets hotter than crap in the summer and too cold durring the winter. I think I should have stopped in central georgia. LoL

I was in South Florida for andrew and Avon park for charlie, francis, irene, and whatever the other ones that came through were.

Charlie knocked the power out in avon park for a good week or so. We lived behind the nursing home by the old hospital in northern avon park.
Of course that was before they tore it down.

Thank god you and ur fam are ok. . .they were in my thoughts and prayers. . .my heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones and their homes

I'm very happy to see a post from you and to know that you and your family are OK! Let your friends know that people everywhere are praying for them!