Interesting, interesting...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
Well, Fellers, I took myself and Old Cob down to the flying field for a little sky time, which I always find rewarding.
Old Cob, if you must know, is my first little Eflite UMX Waco biplane. He has been crashed, busted, and put back together so many times that he looks rough from up close, but he still takes off, flies, and comes back in for a gentle roll to a stop landing- most of the time.
Old Cob looks sort of like I had an old girl tell me about myself one time when I was in college. She said, " From thirty feet, you look pretty good." And when Old Cob is in the air, he looks very good. I fly on a 2s battery which means he is slow, deliberate, and looks very much like the real thing. I can also get him to loop and roll and do this under control, but neither one of us really likes this sort of thing.
Anyway, I was flying Old Cob when all of a sudden, and I do mean sudden, a shadow and a sound hit me, and one of those air tractor agricultural spray planes came over and Fellers, if he was not 500 feet off the ground and right over me, he was not an inch.
He roared on, I flew Old Cob until his battery got weak- my battery was getting a little weak right about then, too.
So I took him down the road, got a nice approach and base and final and then floated him in for a landing. He touched, rolled, and then hit a pebble in the road. Flipped over and busted a landing gear right at the ankle joint.
So he's hanging up with glue applied, a clothes pin to hold everything in place, and I'll be out tooling him around the field this evening.

I sort of hope that low-flying ag plane lets me know if he's coming.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

so you dont have a battery-powered leaf blower to clear your takeoff and landing area?.I fly mostly at this RC airfield called Mike's (600 acres of farm land) I always walk where ill be taking off and landing took my A 10 out last monday b4 rain set in

Yikes. Those crop dusters are stealthy aren't they? Remember those 'sneak attacks' from my days in Nebraska. . .

My away packing list includes a stiff bristle shop broom to sweep away the larger items off my ad-hoc 66ft drag strip. Leaf blower, as tntpoof recommends and uses is an option. Usually, though, I don't like to advertise my presence so make do with a broom.

Keep those flying stories coming. Always a good read with morning coffee.

so you dont have a battery-powered leaf blower to clear your takeoff and landing area?.I fly mostly at this RC airfield called Mike's (600 acres of farm land) I always walk where ill be taking off and landing took my A 10 out last monday b4 rain set in
I want to see the A10!!! That my favorite plane