got a new one- and it's nice...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-
Well, I finally got a non- ready to fly rc plane to work, and it works nice.
I ordered a little while back the E flite UMX Waco biplane, and despite my undeniable lack of skill with such things, I got the transmitter- a not at all top of the line Spektrum- set up and the plane and transmitter bound. So, I took her down to the flying field early this morning and did a few ground- runs, and since the wind was still, I decided to go ahead and send her up. Lovely.
The plane flew very well under total control and was very quick and able in the turns. I am using the SAFE system, so rolls and loops were not possible, but perhaps I will figure out how to put the plane in non-controlled system.

but this transmitter and this plane worked great, and talk about some smooth grease'er in landings- wonderful.

So I have a new amusement in my life, and I'm proud to tell you all about it.

Be well and keep safe- Ed

Spektrum is FARE from top of the line .more like TRASH Bucket brand ..I despise all there products .B4 when they were JR they made a great radio and other gear .since they changed to spektrum they went down hill

Spektrum is FARE from top of the line .more like TRASH Bucket brand ..I despise all there products .B4 when they were JR they made a great radio and other gear .since they changed to spektrum they went down hill
What options are there besides spektrum for air controllers I’m pretty ignorant in that category

Spektrum air transmitters actually aren't too bad. FrSky is another cheap brand that is really good. I have the Traranis X9D, but the QX7 is actually a pretty good radio for the money.

Last edited:
I like my Spektrum transmitters, both flight and ground. Never an issue.

I like my Spektrum transmitters, both flight and ground. Never an issue.
A lot of the drone racers like the Spektrum transmitters. I have only tried the ground ones.

Not sure why you call them trash. I have 2 Spektrum DX6i's. They flew all my planes, helis and quads. Never an issue. Or with at least 6 ground ones too.

I 1st purchased a spektrum Module for my ex 10 . it failed 1st run .sent to spektrum they would not replace it or help me out in any way.
2nd was a DX3R pro.. was nice.liked the drop down wheel always had issues binding with rx . sold that thing.
next was trying to trouble shoot a smart charger, it was in main boards connection to charging plug..
this list goes on .. had a spektrum rx blow to pieces when I drove over a houses AC buried cable

I had the V1 Waco and it was nice until the board randomly fried on me.

Glad to hear your got something new to fly, also good to see you expanding your horizons (no pun intended) variety keeps it interesting and helps you grow as a pilot. :thumbs-up:

Spektrum air transmitters are decent, not great but decent, they are simple, which is good for newer pilots. No need to over complicate things But still have all the options you will need. The only complaint I really have about spektrum transmitters is the switches tend to loosen up, nothing a little loctite can't handle.

I have the yellow UMX Waco. It is so much fun to fly. never thought I would like a tiny plane. It flies great in the wind using safe mode, but on less windy days and out of safe mode it is very zippy. had to put ALOT of expo in it.

Biplanes can be pretty twitchy with all of those control surfaces. My SE5 was crazy maneuverable, more so than the airframe could take. :eek:

Good morning to all-
Here's a little update on my most recent rc plane- the little UMX eflite Waco biplane. First, it is very "responsive" when out of Pilot Assist mode. That's a polite way of saying that it's damned hard to control. Nest, this is a fragile little plane. the foam used in its construction is not forgiving. I've done several repairs, and I have new landing gear ordered.
However, it does look cool in the air, and when in Pilot Asist, it is a pleasure to fly.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Back