Hope Racer1966 is ok.....UPDATE Randy and Family are safe and ok!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to friend that lives in Jefferson City, MO and he said that the damage was pretty severe.

Lets just Keep Randy, his family, and everyone in the affected areas in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully Randy will check in soon. The devastation in those photos is almost beyond belief. :\

Praying for you and the family brother!

I just looked at the pictures and that is just unbelievable!!!

I live in Raleigh, NC and we had the same type of destruction roll through here a few weeks back. Driving around after a Tornado hits just makes you wonder what would have happened had that been YOUR house. It's scary for sure....

Still praying for Randy...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family randy, please check in soon

I watched Anderson Cooper on CNN last night and I think he was more stunned by the damage there than he's ever been when reporting from a war zone.
This was classed as an EF-4, and was the most destructive single tornado on record.
14,000 without electric, so don't expect to be hearing anything soon.
I'm sure Randy and his church are doing every thing they can to help out in the search for survivors.

This is just soo devastating. All those people that lost nearly everything. Our buddy Randy will be going through some tough times, I just hope he and family are ok. I did some mapping... his job is only like 2 1/2 miles away from St. Johns Hospital. This is all very dusturbing.

Ralph, the large building in the first picture shown in the link you shared is St. Johns.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that. The roof was ripped off and all the windows were sucked out. The heli in the foreground was probably running when it got blown over since all the rotor blades are snapped off.

Probably snapped off from just being tossed around. I can't imagine the pilot being inside it trying to take off in such high winds.

That's a good possibility, with the winds.
I know he wouldn't be taking off, but maybe they had just dropped off a patient and he was idling on the pad, then shut it down and ran when he saw it coming. It takes a long time for rotors to come to a complete stop.

That's a good possibility, with the winds.
I know he wouldn't be taking off, but maybe they had just dropped off a patient and he was idling on the pad, then shut it down and ran when he saw it coming. It takes a long time for rotors to come to a complete stop.

I think in a situation like that, I wouldnt even get out because of the blades goin crazy and blowin up and down and blowing it over therefore equalling what I am certain is death...:\

I can't link that photo, but I looked at it and saw that all 4 blades were the same length, almost a sure sign that they were ground down by spinning on the concrete after the heli flipped.

I'm going with the rotor spinning on their own due to the high wind before it got flipped and tossed around like a toy. Not sure if they tie the heli's down, but if they do then it's definitely a possibility that it was held down long enough for the wind to turn the rotor before it broke free.

in may 1999 a tornado was one block over from me, in wichita, ks. i sure hope racer is ok. many prayers for him. like they say in kansas, "if you dont like the weather wait a few minuets."