Hope Racer1966 is ok.....UPDATE Randy and Family are safe and ok!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm much more concerned about that fact that many people died in this event and we have absolutely no way of knowing if our friend and his family are ok.

The last report I got was 1500 still unaccounted for. Just remember that only means that their names haven't been recorded yet. Give them time to check in with all the agencies that are there now.

Now it looks as though more severe weather is headed right towards Joplin again this evening :\

---------- Post added at 6:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:32 PM ----------

I just heard on the news also that the tornado is now confirmed to have been an AF-5 multi votex tornado.

Jeez... They are getting some more bad weather as we type in that region.

I tried Safe & Well but I don't have his home addy or phone number so I can't search the red cross database. I only have his work address.

I posted something on a couple FB pages regarding survivors.

I know for a fact that they do base choppers at some hospitals. The regional hospital in Tyler, TX has one on the pad at all times. I hope that if there was a patient being dropped off that he/she is safe.

definetly!!! that poop is cazy In a way I would rathe he checked real soon!!! but i understand that he is pobly helping the people out that he knew in the area!!!!! I just know thats what it is!!! always gotta look at it with a open mind and i think you think the best and it will be the best it can be and if you dwell on the bad it seems to be wose.. just my .02... Even if he just popped on for a min just to say hey me and the fam is ok!!!!!

Even if he just popped on for a min just to say hey me and the fam is ok!!!!!
That's what we're all hoping and praying for, But they hardly can get through on cell phones, so I'm sure it's almost impossible to get on the internet.
If it were my home town, I'd be out helping also.
The rain makes the rescues even more difficult than they already are.

I wonder in a situation like Randy is in if time is going real fast or incredibly slow? Id assume a state of shock is probably still fully inset in everyone involved.

Ralph is totally right. This is certainly not a matter of anybody deciding whether or not they want to inform anybody of there well-being, it's a matter ability. That city is nearly wiped out. I'm sure there is no power, no water, no cell towers, no landlines. Then to top it off they continue to be battered by thunderstorms and bad weather, not to mention tornados there are still sprouting in the region. Those poor folks just want to find their loved ones and maybe some water and shelter.

I didn't read any posts but scrolled through to see if he posted. I hope he's ok as well. Prayers sent!

I used to be a storm spotter in NE Kansas and saw a number of tornadoes. Being an amateur radio operator, I was usually on the scene helping with emergency communications. If I was closer than I am in S Texas, I'd be there helping out in that capacity.

Those pics are amazing, thanks for sharing those. I truly hope everyone in his family is safe and secure today.

Wow those pictures really make you see how bad it actually is. Its crazy. Look at the trees... I couldn't imagine being in something like that... Crazy that it will rip the roof off but leave the flatscreen untouched sitting there along with other stuff on the counters or desks.

I'm hoping he can connect to a laptop or something. I sent him an email but I don't know if he'll get it for a while. I added my phone number so he can call me if he can get through on a cell phone and I can pass the info on to you guys.

Please let us know asap if you hear from him Ralph. I have been in several very bad hurricanes, and besides Andrew (in 92 if I remember correctly), none have had the severity of the damage I have seen from the tornado in Joplin. They say it is the worst tornado to touch down in US history. Lets just keep Randy, his family, and everyone down there in our thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we will hear from him soon. Material possessions are replaceable, just so long as he and his family are all safe and sound someplace. :\

Please let us know asap if you hear from him Ralph. I have been in several very bad hurricanes, and besides Andrew (in 92 if I remember correctly), none have had the severity of the damage I have seen from the tornado in Joplin. They say it is the worst tornado to touch down in US history. Lets just keep Randy, his family, and everyone down there in our thoughts and prayers, and hopefully we will hear from him soon. Material possessions are replaceable, just so long as he and his family are all safe and sound someplace. :\

I dunno bout the worst tornado stuff. I'm cleaning up in North Georgia and it's really bad there. Buildings are gone , debris everywhere, roofs ripped off and down the road, buildings caved in. I was working at a ace hardware that was in a complex with 3 other buisness, it pushed a cooler through the wall at ace through both complexes the roof is missing the metal, the drywall inside ison the floor and all the framing to seperate the buildings was destroyed. They are still cleaning it up now and this was from that series of bad storms that came through a couple weeks ago. we lost power for a couple days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Zo9rNR45o"]YouTube - ‪Tornado damage Ringgold GA... the day after 28APR11‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_VfYj3BJNU"]YouTube - ‪Tornado damage in Ringgold Ga 4/27/11 [By: M&M Digital Film]‬‏[/ame]

these videos don't even really describe driving through and seeing "Everything" it was really bad when I drove through the first time, it looked like a ghost town you would see in a movie.
it missed us by about 15 miles.

---------- Post added at 5:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:34 PM ----------

were you in Florida for Andrew?

Last edited:
I've heard it several times that it was the most destructive tornado in U.S. history. F5 tornado smack down the middle of a good size city. That's a one in a million thing right there. Very sad. I checked the Safe & Well site several times with no positive ID yet..

I've heard it several times that it was the most destructive tornado in U.S. history. F5 tornado smack down the middle of a good size city. That's a one in a million thing right there. Very sad. I checked the Safe & Well site several times with no positive ID yet..

Sounds just like the damage to ringgold. They said it was the most destructive as well, this was also before that one hit though. It pretty much went rite down the main road to the city destroying everything. Ringgold isn't a really big city though.

I hope he's ok. I just looked up some info, seems Joplin was hit really hard.

Last edited: