Holy Hail!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
About a half hour ago it rained, blew and hailed like nuts! Here is a few pics I snapped with my cell phone. One of the hail we grabbed was 3". We were able to park all the cars in the garage in time luckily.

4dda2274f762.jpg

e19a99cbf8aa.jpg

What do you expect? It's Minnesota. I went to school there. We had 2 seasons....Winter, and part of July.

Holy-Icicles-In-Your-Eye, Batman! Glad your "Peewee's Playhouse" card set didn't get damaged!

Dude thats nuts! I rember 2 summers ago while visiting people in montana we got hail that was about 1 inch but thats crazy.

Bryson

This is only my 2nd time seeing hail this big, and probably like my 4th or 5th time even seeing hail.. We dont get it to often.
Did some damage to the neighbors place though. Few trees were knocked down and tore off some shingles..
Wered ya go to school in Mn. rolex?

Wered ya go to school in Mn. rolex?

Another 175 miles north of Minneapolis. Don't make me think about it. After the first year, I didn't even want to fly over that place in an airplane, out of fear of having to spend another winter day there.

In April of 2003, I got caught in a hail storm near Knoxville, Tennessee. My pride and joy Thunderbird took $4,800 damage.

My guess would be some one room schoolhouse taught by a school marme named Prudence!

By the way, that was MISS Prudence.

Man that is insaine! I have only seen a few hailstorms in my lifetime, but the last time we had a hailstorm my truck took a beating. I even went out to try to cover the car with my body... that sucked. Now we didn't have 3 inch hail, but we had some the size of a 50 cent piece. Man glad you were able to get the cars in the garage. I am sure your girl would have been pissed if that Benz got dented.

Tom

Rolex ya go to Bemedgi or Duluth? I'm about 60 miles north of the cities.. I guess ya gotta be born into Mn. to enjoy the winters..lol.. I dont mind them.

Yup, my Gf got the benz in the garage..lol.. It was in there 1st.. Had to cram 4 vehicles (2 trucks, 2 cars) into a 3 stall garage.. that was a treat..lol.

Please stop. Just hearing the names of the local towns is making me shiver.
36 degrees BELOW zero !!
If you took a leak outside you could watch a yellow icicle coming up at you.
A couple of years later I was in Texas...115 degrees a few times. Loved it.

I still think that EVERYONE who lives in Minnesota or the Dakotas is in the witness protection program.

36 degrees BELOW zero !!
If you took a leak outside you could watch a yellow icicle coming up at you.
A couple of years later I was in Texas...115 degrees a few times. Loved it.

I still think that EVERYONE who lives in Minnesota or the Dakotas is in the witness protection program.

Yeah, but think about the nice cool summers where all the crazy Southerners come up and where sweatshirts....

I'm headed up that direction for my vacation in week or so.

36 degrees BELOW zero !!

shhhh.... youll blow my cover!

I would think it being 36 below....

Just ain't gonna make a difference whether it's a wet 36 below or a dry 36 below.
It's just damn cold. :LoL:

Had my truck for about 2 months when we got a hailstorm here. About the the size of a marble. Got 4 or 5 dings in the hood. Got to look real close.
Would hate to think what those would do to a vehicle.

biggest hail i've seen here in central IL was dime size.

both of my dailys sit out side. scares me to think of anything bigger then that, frozen and falling from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back