Exceed, rip off company!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can preach all you want about how they redid this or retooled that and shout to the hill tops about how they "listened" to their customers. The fact is when you polish a turd all you end up with is a shiny turd. I know all you're going to do with it is run it in the parking lot on smooth asphault because that's about all that thing is capable of.

Last edited:
people are like Elephants they never forget or get over a wrong or ripoff. never forgive for

All the previous earlier Exceed cars and what have you were junk, but ask anyone who has a late model Exceed Forza or Hyper speed and see what they say? Some people are never happy even when it's starring them in the face. It seems we all tend to hang on to and remember bad deals. I've said it before A friend of mine had a Chevy car, the fuel pump went out on the car. He swore he would never get another Chevrolet, I said Bob Chevrolet did not make the fuel pump, another company made the fuel pump. So... he said I don't care! Chevrolet's are no good. Nothing could change his mind about the car manufacturer, and he now drives a Dodge. So I'm waiting on him to have some mechanical problem and say the same thing he said about the Chevrolet. Point being you burn me once that's on me, 50 years latter you end up still putting down a product because you got ripped off. Somethings never die ( Exceed is one of them) That must have hurt deep inside for people that had problems with their Exceed vehicles. Exceed is still in buisness they must be doing something right?:whhooo:[SIGN][/SIGN] Right????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exceed is still in buisness they must be doing something right?:whhooo:[SIGN][/SIGN] Right????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, taking $10 cars from China and selling them for $150.

where have you been parts are everywhere?

I know I can order them off the interwebs but if I break something its nice to be able to drop in and get what I need instead of waiting 3 or 4 days.

You can preach all you want about how they redid this or retooled that and shout to the hill tops about how they "listened" to their customers. The fact is when you polish a turd all you end up with is a shiny turd. I know all you're going to do with it is run it in the parking lot on smooth asphault because that's about all that thing is capable of.
Man, it must have hurt really deep when you got jacked up with an older Exceed! like they say, Elephants never forget. You have to get over it some day or die with it hanging over your head. I can understand, now that Exceed is top of the line buggy's for pocket change I'd me mad as hell also

---------- Post added at 6:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:17 PM ----------

Yea, taking $10 cars from China and selling them for $150.
They cost them less than $10.00 to make a new Exceed car found out on china web site $2.88 is the cost right now for a new 10th scale buggy RTR!

---------- Post added at 6:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:20 PM ----------

I know I can order them off the interwebs but if I break something its nice to be able to drop in and get what I need instead of waiting 3 or 4 days.
You can get everything you need the same day you order your rig. even hop up parts as well.

---------- Post added at 6:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:21 PM ----------

so........ I'm a bit confused....... what you guys are trying to say is not to buy Exceed??????????? lol.:hehe:
Thats right thats right don't buy an Exceed because the pain... oh!.... the pain the earler models caused, I'll never get over it... NEVER

---------- Post added at 6:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:34 PM ----------

so........ I'm a bit confused....... what you guys are trying to say is not to buy Exceed??????????? lol.:hehe:

:p:Bought a new Traxxas a friend of mine did the tire came unglued from the rim from jumping curbs with his new Traxxas monster truck. He got mad and said he would never buy another Traxxas as long as he lives. He ended up trying to sit the truck on fire and I said hold on man, I'll take the truck... so he said get it out of my face and it's yours. family has more money than all the rest of us combined. So... I have a 1/8Th scale Traxxas monster truck that got saved from burning to the ground. How cool.... is that???[SIGN]:hehe:[/SIGN]

---------- Post added at 6:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:45 PM ----------

The moral of the story is don't hijack a post, don't buy a Exceed and for Gods sake, don't break a chassis part on any RC vehicles. Or you will never buy that brand anymore. So... play nice together an never ever get pissed off when a part breaks. Especially a Exceed transmission. Case closed

Wait...your friend gave away a brand new traxxas truck because the tires came unglued? :hehe: Now he will never buy another traxxas rig becuae of that? That is hilarious!!!

So... I have a 1/8Th scale Traxxas monster truck that got saved from burning to the ground. How cool.... is that???

I didn't know Traxxas made a 1/8 scale MT, what is it?

Moral of the story is that if somebody recommends an exceed, hsp, redcat or any other known junk rc, we will burn the thread down.

Man, it must have hurt really deep when you got jacked up with an older Exceed! like they say, Elephants never forget. You have to get over it some day or die with it hanging over your head. I can understand, now that Exceed is top of the line buggy's for pocket change I'd me mad as hell also

I never owned an Exceed and don't run buggies and never will. Quite frankly I find your smartass remarks a little insulting. As will many others on here no I prefer something with a little more balls to it that doesn't break everytime I go to run it. I will take my Savage XL over any piece of crap they have to offer. It's funny how you said you weren't going to get into a pissing contest over their products, yet here you are trying to ram Exceed's bullcrap products down everybody's throat when we all already know better. Botton line is you're fighting a losing battle.

Last edited:
Yeah, my Lhs always seems to have a few of these incompetent POS's to work on, and they hate it, and charge a hater price too. Your One against a wall on this one! Exceed is trash!!

While I have seen some positive reviews of the newer exceeds and redcats they all pretty much say the same thing which is that while these companies have been uping the quality of their kits they are still not as quality as higher quality race level kits. So if thats true Id say theyre OK for beginners or just general bashing but make sure you do some review research before buying a particular kit to make sure you're getting one of the newer better kits and not one of the older junkier kits. Theyre still not going to out perform outlast their higher quality counterparts though.

my .02

I think you pretty much said it all in only a few words, well said and your right all the way

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Yeah, my Lhs always seems to have a few of these incompetent POS's to work on, and they hate it, and charge a hater price too. Your One against a wall on this one! Exceed is trash!!
AOK! you have a right to feel that way

I never owned an Exceed and don't run buggies and never will. Quite frankly I find your smartass remarks a little insulting. As will many others on here no I prefer something with a little more balls to it that doesn't break everytime I go to run it. I will take my Savage XL over any piece of crap they have to offer. It's funny how you said you weren't going to get into a pissing contest over their products, yet here you are trying to ram Exceed's bullcrap products down everybody's throat when we all already know better. Botton line is you're fighting a losing battle.
I owe you all an apology, and I'll stop... I am not trying to make enemies here. I wish you the best with your trucks. I used to own trucks and got tired of running them and went to buggy's only for a change. Hea! I got a new Traxxas from a neighbor his family is filthy rich, the big front right side tire came unglued. So he got psst and was going to burn it to the ground. I happened to be their when it happened. So I said John, I need a truck don't burn it. He said get it out of my face and you can have it so I got the truck and the controller. How cool is that! This kid has had four new cars this year and totalled all of them in car wrecks. his dad keeps buying him anther car. Rich people don't care about nothing. Again i'm sorry that I afended you and others hope you all will forgive me. I've been an ass

Last edited:
I had an exceed hyperspeed and while it may run okay at first it breaks and doesn't last. After one flip the chassis will be bent and god only knows what else you will have to replace. stay away from exceed.