Exceed, rip off company!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinestars199

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i would just like too inform everyone of a brand called exceed. My friend bought one of thier nitro buggys... terrible its a ripoff generic nitro brand. I myself have hpi savage and told him not to get a car from the brand and he payed the price lol

Lol ^^^

Yeah, them and SEVERAL other brands are usually cheap and in most cases, it shows. Not always though, there are some rigs from cheap brands that do great. I run an ACME Trooper short course, 4wd, on 3s, and its an awesome truck for the price.

But most suck. Their the brands that guys see who wanna get started in the hobby but can't see spending $500 when they can spend $150. Usually it backfires and they are out that money.

Lol ^^^
Their the brands that guys see who wanna get started in the hobby but can't see spending $500 when they can spend $150. Usually it backfires and they are out that money.

And out of the hobby, if you get a bad taste for the hobby in the beginning some guys just pack it in and give up on an awesome hobby.

And out of the hobby, if you get a bad taste for the hobby in the beginning some guys just pack it in and give up on an awesome hobby.

Yeah, I almost gave it up when I bought a new Exceed Forza 1:10Th scale buggy. The receiver wire was hanging by a thread, and broke. The throttle barley opened when I squeezed the trigger. The brakes were on slightly and had to adjust everything to get it in the ball park. When I thought I had it sorted out, i decided to start the engine, it started with in a couple of pulls on the rope. Settled down to a rich fast idle, and would load up and need a blip of the throttle to clear the fuel. After about a minute of running I could smell something was wrong and burning. I pulled the air filter and thumbed the carburetor to kill the engine. The outer case on the front of the engine was hot and smoking and turned blue from heat. I packed it back up in the box to ship it back to the supplier. Called and got a RMA number and shipped it back. I hope I can get my money back? but I doubt that will happen. I think it was the clutch that got hot, the car or buggy must have been built on a Monday or a Friday and a newbie at that. The body was not notched for the antenna or the steering arm, and it was warped and sit to one side of the chassis. Thing is if they send me another buggy and it fails then I'm on my own so they say. Highly disappointed to say the least. All the reviews I read about the buggy were great and everyone was happy with their purchase? So that and the cheap price sold me, I only hope the next one is good.:angry:

Last edited:
Yeah, I almost gave it up when I bought a new Exceed Forza 1:10Th scale buggy. The receiver wire was hanging by a thread, and broke. The throttle barley opened when I squeezed the trigger. The brakes were on slightly and had to adjust everything to get it in the ball park. When I thought I had it sorted out, i decided to start the engine, it started with in a couple of pulls on the rope. Settled down to a rich fast idle, and would load up and need a blip of the throttle to clear the fuel. After about a minute of running I could smell something was wrong and burning. I pulled the air filter and thumbed the carburetor to kill the engine. The outer case on the front of the engine was hot and smoking and turned blue from heat. I packed it back up in the box to ship it back to the supplier. Called and got a RMA number and shipped it back. I hope I can get my money back? but I doubt that will happen. I think it was the clutch that got hot, the car or buggy must have been built on a Monday or a Friday and a newbie at that. The body was not notched for the antenna or the steering arm, and it was warped and sit to one side of the chassis. Thing is if they send me another buggy and it fails then I'm on my own so they say. Highly disappointed to say the least. All the reviews I read about the buggy were great and everyone was happy with their purchase? So that and the cheap price sold me, I only hope the next one is good.:angry:

Where did you purchase it? I would ask them if you could put the cost of the buggy towards a better brand vehicle.

All the reviews I read about the buggy were great and everyone was happy with their purchase? So that and the cheap price sold me, I only hope the next one is good.:angry:

Google is your friend here for real reviews.

The next one will most likely be as bad as the first one, buying quality is the only way to go.

You will never get quality out of $150 RC car, just not gonna happen.

Just like most thing's in life you get what you pay for!

I'm sorry but your lack in research makes me have no pity for you.

Next time do some research...

I did my research and these buggy's are as good as any out their. I just happened to get a buggy that was over looked by the manufacturer. Possible a change in personal in the middle of building the buggy. I gonna say it again, all the new RC vehicles in the past two years are lite years a head of the old plastic clutch and gears cars of yesteryear. My next door neighbor has had his buggy for over two years and runs the crap out of it and has had no problems what so ever. I'm not after pity, I do not want anyone to feel sorry for me, when no matter what you spend you have problems with all the RC vehicles. Exceed was chosen because they have totally revamped all their cars trucks buggy's from the ground up. With mods that Exceed owners wanted to see in there RC cars. The best reason is parts available for all the Exceed models, and cheap to say the least. make no mistake these new RC's are not yesteryear RC's. That's like saying I'll never buy another Chevy because the fuel pump went out!?!? That's crazy! Competition is to close for one company like Exceed to sit back and let the other company's make better products and go bankrupt. Nuff said

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Google is your friend here for real reviews.

The next one will most likely be as bad as the first one, buying quality is the only way to go.

You will never get quality out of $150 RC car, just not gonna happen.

Just like most thing's in life you get what you pay for!
And sometimes you don't and sometimes you buy a name and not the car

I did my research and these buggy's are as good as any out their.
And sometimes you don't and sometimes you buy a name and not the car

To get a good sample of reviews you have to leave the site trying to sell it to you, asking about it on just about any decent sized
forum would have gotten you a ton of STAY AWAY from them, they are junk! answers from people who got burned by them.

They are $150 cause the quality sucks & are made as cheaply as possible.

I googled "Exceed Forza 1:10Th scale buggy review" & nothing I read would say to me waste $150 on it, sorry but that is the truth.

From one review~
"All in all... I have a hard time endorsing the 1/10 scale Exceed Forza/ Hyper Speed.
The price is definitely appealing, but the cost of replacing parts and ongoing issues far out weigh the benefits the vehicle offers up."

At the end of the day it's your cash to burn. :)

If they were worth a hoot, we all would have 3. Not the case.

I have the 1/16th scale nitro monster truck. For the money its not that bad but its just to mess around with and annoy my neighbors. The Savage is just a little loud for the hood.

After buying my first hobby-grade RC (An Associated RC-18T) on the recommendation of my LHS, I started doing research. Since starting the research before each subsequent purchase has left me happy with each purchase.

One thing I noticed in all of my research is one common thread: Avoid Exceed RC!

Exceed is to RC OEMs what Integy is to aftermarket parts: Total Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I knew what I was getting into when I bought the exceed that it was a throw away. It had some issues and its hard to get parts for them but for me its no my main rig so downtime isn't that big of a deal for me. If I was going to have it as my primary I would definately get something I can get parts from my LHS.

so........ I'm a bit confused....... what you guys are trying to say is not to buy Exceed??????????? lol.:hehe:

To get a good sample of reviews you have to leave the site trying to sell it to you, asking about it on just about any decent sized
forum would have gotten you a ton of STAY AWAY from them, they are junk! answers from people who got burned by them.

They are $150 cause the quality sucks & are made as cheaply as possible.

I googled "Exceed Forza 1:10Th scale buggy review" & nothing I read would say to me waste $150 on it, sorry but that is the truth.

From one review~
"All in all... I have a hard time endorsing the 1/10 scale Exceed Forza/ Hyper Speed.
The price is definitely appealing, but the cost of replacing parts and ongoing issues far out weigh the benefits the vehicle offers up."

At the end of the day it's your cash to burn. :)
I'm not gonna get in a pissing contest over their products, yes my buggy had an issue, and they are taking care of it hopefully. Like I've mentioned my next door neighbor has had his Exceed Forza for over two years with no problems. That's pretty cool I think. Guys these new RC's are new from the ground up. They listened to their customers about what they like to see and have. Even the engine is brand new and been retooled. Sure their are some better models out their if you want to invest more money. I have said it before, the reviews on the Exceed Forza where all great both long term and short term ownership. These last few year models are made to last metal gears roller bearings, metal servo rods. Slipper clutch. The older models had no slipper clutch and had plastic gears and no 24GHz radio like they come with now. Those models were designed to break and that is why Exceed had a bad rep. Competition forced EXceed to get on the right track or go bankrupt. However they exchange the Exceed and have problems, I will be honest and tell the truth either way it goes. I can't wait to get it and break it in and start driving the buggy in our school parking lot. I will not be bashing the buggy, or off roading it or jumping curbs with it. It will be run solely on smooth asphalt, and either early morning or late late evening when it's cooled down. With the way I take care of vehicles with synthetic ball bearing grease and synthetic motor oil for all the joints in the steering arms suspension. Drive shafts shocks and so forth. It will have a good chance to last for a spell.

Last edited:
No offence man, but pay a lil more up front...then pay less in broken parts later...but anyways hope everything will work out for you with ur rig.

Well I knew what I was getting into when I bought the exceed that it was a throw away. It had some issues and its hard to get parts for them but for me its no my main rig so downtime isn't that big of a deal for me. If I was going to have it as my primary I would definately get something I can get parts from my LHS.
where have you been parts are everywhere?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

No offence man, but pay a lil more up front...then pay less in broken parts later...but anyways hope everything will work out for you with ur rig.
Thank you very much!