Does the Jammin really jam?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyosho138

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys wondering what you guys that got this buggy think of this think and how you like it

I haven't read anything about this buggy yet, but the guys putting it togetherr sure have a good track record. I would bet it will be very competative. Looks lke a nice rig, I saw one for sale on another forum for 465 plus shipping, for that price you can find a nice mugen x5, might as well get something proven, IMO.

for my money no..... 550$ is too much for a glorified ofna, especially when the xb8 can be had for 600 and the mbx5 for 500

looks like a good buggy for the price to me....

as for being a glorified ofna...when has ofna not been a good car?...the pcr pro is a dam nice buggy and very raceable.....

plus the jammin is alot different in many ways to the other ofnas...

its not really an ofna its really a jammin...

No Ofna buggies are really an Ofna. Hyper series are made by Ho Bao, and all the rest by Hon Nor. Hong Nor also makes the Jammin X1, calling it something different, as in Jammin, is just another way of marketing it.

Jay Halsey explains in one of the mags that he heads of the Hong Nor team, and Paul Coleman heads of the Hyper team.

I just want to know if this thing steers as well as the MP777 or at least close to it. It's a beautiful buggy, and I would hate to spend $550 on looks, when the special 1 can be had for $600 with some shopping. I want a C-hub buggy, as my home track is very tight and technical, everyone tells me C-hub is better for that type of track. I honestly dont know what to get now with all of the different buggies available, it is almost too much!

It looks like a very nice kit, If you really like that, Then go with your instincts. Not yet though. Let other options come into your mind.

IMO i think that i would save up a little and get the xb8... it looks like a sick buggy (although the jammin looks sweet too). My friend has a xb8 but he hasnt drivin it yet because of the cold. Jammin is owned by Ofna (litterally :hehe: ). I'm not saying that in the way that i think ofna is better than jammin. lol. :2cents:

The Jammin buggy looks great just saw one in person a couple weeks ago, I went with the XB8 and was very pleased with the quality of it and how easy it was to build. The only thing is that I found out that the LHS is supporting the Jammin buggy and not the XB8 so for now I will have to order parts online, go with which ever one would be easier for you to get parts for. I would agree with some of the others though and for a few more bucks go with the XB8 it is a great kit.

Jammin is just another marketing name that Ofna distributes, Ofna does not actually make anything. What I am trying to say is the Jammin X1 is actually manufactured by a company called Hong Nor which is based out of Taiwan. Ofna imports them into the USA and Canada and sells them under the Ofna/Jammin name. They have input into how the vehicled are made, but they do not manufactur anything.

My Ofna tire gluer for example, when you peel the stickers on the box it says HoBao, that is the Taiwan company that makes the Hyper Cars.

Not trying to start a war, hopefully we got that cleared up.

Anyway, my track will be littered with XB8's, Special 1's, X-term pros, a couple of MBX5 ProSpecs, and some TTRS3's, I want something diferent like the X1, I hate having something that someone else has at the track. I need a buggy with good tight cornering, if the X1 can handle tight tracks that is my new buggy.

well from what I've read the X1 is a cornering master, plenty of steering availible. this is straight from the pro's driving it. check it out on the grid if you want more detailed information.

Could you tell me the address of the grid, I have never been there. Thank you.

I have some setup questions for any buggy, if you wouldnt mind me asking.

As mentioned my track is very tight. Was reading elsewhere that you should add castor by sliding arms back (Mayhem buggy), however, I thought that hurt steering as it did with the Swift buggy (which is why owners went to MBX4 arms). Also, I read that you want 3/5/5 oil for tight tracks, is that back to front or front to back? I read Dean Sexton's tip on more steering into his MGT, says use 10,000 in rear and none or 1,000 in front, I thought that would give less steering. Please help, I am trying to understand all of these relationships to handling. Understanding these basics will help me with any buggy I choose, and setting up my Monster Truck. Thanks again.

more castor is used when the track gets bumpy. less will make the steering faster.

download this

its the instruction manual to the XB8. the last 4-5 pages of it are some of the best I've ever read for explaining what different setup changes do to the handling of your car. it explains both the pro's and con's of every change you could make.

Back