Are my idle needles good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What vehicle do you have?

Here is an example of what your linkage should look like. (Also make sure the trim is set to zero before adjusting linkages)
Screenshot_20240315-181120_Drive.jpg

I would make your servo arm setup like in the picture above.
Remove servo arm, turn on radio (throttle trim at zero), reinstall arm in neutral (parallel) position
Then you might need to do minor adjustments to the linkage rods.

I would make your servo arm setup like in the picture above.
Remove servo arm, turn on radio (throttle trim at zero), reinstall arm in neutral (parallel) position
Then you might need to do minor adjustments to the linkage rods.
Exactly what I’m trying to say, just don’t know if it made sense the way I said it.

I could make a video of what it should look like but my servo horn is different, however throttle and brake should be the same concept

Exactly what I’m trying to say, just don’t know if it made sense the way I said it.

I could make a video of what it should look like but my servo horn is different, however throttle and brake should be the same concept
Yeah could you send a vid. I did what Weezel said to do but the idle gap is still at half way when it is in neutral but if I push it in, it'll go to the gap that I want it to be

Much easier with a picture and video than trying to explain sometimes. The old saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is so true!
The instruction sheet you posted made sense to me and I realized what the issue was, but that’s because I was just going down that road he was on!
I adjusted it and now it works perfectly, can't thank you enough!
now you can start tuning and watch that tuning video again!

so everything was much better. Wasn't so loud and wasn't smoking etc but the only way I can get it to start is by putting a little bit of nitro in the idle gap and then starting it. Once I get it to start, it'll go for ~5 seconds and will either stop by itself or stop if I pull out the glow ignitor. My theory is that it's just burning off the fuel that I put into the idle gap and once that's burnt, it stops. So I'm thinking there's a problem to do with the fuel lines. Last week I cleaned out all the fuel lines since it was sitting for years and, it's all sealed so there shouldn't be any air gaps.

I
Your high speed needle was way lean, back it out to about flush id say.
Got it starting, went for 20 ish seconds, was going to do it again, I took out the glow plug cause I thought I had flooded the engine and then somehow lost the glow plug and have no idea where it went, spent like 1h 1/2 trying to find it......