Are my idle needles good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cqmeron

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you think my idle needles are good, haven't been able to get it to fully start yet.
IMG_6606.jpeg
IMG_6610.jpeg

Please show a picture of the carb so we can see the slider when you are not giving throttle

Please show a picture of the carb so we can see the slider when you are not giving throttle
can hardly get a good pic of it but when I turn it on the gap is like Half way but when everything is turned off the gap is very small.

can hardly get a good pic of it but when I turn it on the gap is like Half way but when everything is turned off the gap is very small.
Probably the best I could do.
IMG_6643.jpeg

Reset your throttle linkage to neutral. It sounds like the servo horn needs to be reattached in a different setting.

Unscrew the horn from the servo, turn the car on and let the servo adjust. Reattach the servo horns and see where you are at.

It needs to stay shut until you hit the throttle.

After getting servo set, I think your HSN is probably in a bit too far. I'd back it out some. Should be pretty flush with the bevel there (basically about 1mm in from being flush from the top edge).

I don’t know.

Let me give you a solid piece of advice. From a guy that just went through this with an unknown nitro rc. Buy an owners manual. Or, find a schematic for the motor that’s in that car.

You need to learn the differences in your carb needles. And, the factory setting for those needles. If you don’t, it’s going to be a long road.

I don’t know.

Let me give you a solid piece of advice. From a guy that just went through this with an unknown nitro rc. Buy an owners manual. Or, find a schematic for the motor that’s in that car.

You need to learn the differences in your carb needles. And, the factory setting for those needles. If you don’t, it’s going to be a long road.
He just needs some guidance, I never had a manual for my Xtm. I just did my research. But that video I watched was solid advice for anyone, beginner or experienced.

watch the entire thing

He just needs some guidance, I never had a manual for my Xtm. I just did my research. But that video I watched was solid advice for anyone, beginner or experienced.

watch the entire thing
My advice was based on helping the guy get some guidance. And, this is a place that can definitely give guidance. But, owning a manual is pretty solid advice. Coming from a guy who’s pup shredded his revo manual. And, never order a replacement. It would have helped me tremendously on a car I wasn’t familiar with.

I'm very confused now. I've watched almost the whole video (will watch the rest soon) but I've made my idle gap smaller but I still don't understand the throttle/break part. I've attached a video, I might be just tired and I'm losing my mind over it. For some reason when I push the trigger for throttle it won't do anything (in nor which is in the video) and when I put it in rev it'll push the idle gap in a little bit (still a massive gap). At the end of the video you can see me pushing the idle gap to where I set it but then it slightly pulls back. I believe after all that then everything will be sorted.

I just want to make sure everything is right before I start it up again.

I think you need to pull the servo horn off, let the servo sit powered up at its neutral position then reattach the horn. You may need to adjust the linkage. I had one hell of a time with all of this on my Xtm, as it is my first nitro. Good luck

Still doesn't look right. Your throttle is set wrong. When the trigger on the transmitter is at the neutral position the carburetor throttle should be closed. The throttle should not open at all until the trigger is pulled.
how do I fix that

Once again, buy a manual. It’s the best monetary investment you can make at this point of owning this car. Not being a wise guy either.

how do I fix that
I didn’t see that at first, I think you still just need to adjust your throttle linkage. The throttle should be closed at the servos neutral point. Should be a matter of screwing in the link rod into the ballcup thingy or adjust stop collars

The stop collar on the backside of your horn can be moved out towards the end of the linkage rod, that could help