DYNAMITE BIG RED .28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasong83

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
does anybody know good settings for no double idle or any good settings besides the manual settings it just revs up really high and low speed needle or idle gap is just off and cannot run right its a dynamite big red .28? it runs and just has issues not sure if I should just buy a new carb. if that will help with my issues and have it run like factory again ? I have this engine on my losi xxl.

I’m new to nitro but….. there’s some good videos out there. My tip is to set the idle gap and don’t touch it, tune with the high and low speed needles.
Check out invisible speed on YouTube, watch the hour long video. It’s your tuning, it is not the carb or the motor, well unless the motor is worn out.

ok. Ill check that out my motor has good compression and when i get it to some what run right its got lots of torq and speed so I just have to get the idle gap set right. I've seen on videos that the idle gap is the key. think you for your reply

I’m tellin ya, I learned a lot in one hour of my time from that video. You should check it out, it’s very easy to watch and understand. No one else on YouTube has a tuning video quite like that.

think you I have looked at it and know little more going to watch it over a few times since its kind of alot to take in after a hour plus video. i made some adjustments and is warming it up now hopefully I'm better then i was i reset needles to factory and found what i think is close to 1mm idle gap man was I way off. again think you for the info happy trails.

Back