Cheap AA Batteries!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Here you go. I never knew this.
[ame]http://www.filecabi.net/video/493227011.html[/ame]

Are you serious? That's awesome. Especially when I run through loads of AA's with my digital camera and Wii remotes! Think I'll pop out and pick up one tonight.

is that for real?
given the amount of money i just spent at costco for the bulk pack (damn kids and their toys) i'll be stopping at the walmart on the way home.

screw buying rechargeables, I'm gonns start doin that!

No way. And all this time, I thought there were some magic pixies or somethin in those batteries. Now I'm gonna have to patch the floor where my jaw fell through it.

That's nuts, although it's the same principle in rechargeable batteries in drills and other cordless power tools.

9V batteries are similar. 6 aaaa batteries in them. Or something very small. Took one apart once.

That's nuts, although it's the same principle in rechargeable batteries in drills and other cordless power tools.

Yeah, they normally use low capacity NiCad's...

most 6v batteries I have found on the net have 4 1.5v F style batteries in them. Notice, when he dumps those 32aa batteries, there are no wires connection some in series to make 6 volts, and some in parallel to produce more mah's?
i don't know.

I also found it quite strange that the web site that hosted the clip had a bunch of naked women all over the place, or was it just my PC?????

Thats just you bent.......some sort of virus....naked ladies gravitate to your PC.

Boys Ol Eddy is pulling your leg here......the film was made by Gag films or some such. Its pure gel cell or tin lead in those lantern batteries and trying to open one will create a great mess.

If I am wrong I will pay for the battery you destroy..up to $5.00...must have dated receipt and current newspaper and the batteries that spawned out in the pics......oh and I want a pic of the mess it made...if you do not find batteries......;)

TalonOne
Out

I opened up an old hobby battery I had. It contains 4 large cells of some sort. Keep in mind this is a 1.5V hobby battery and not a 6V battery.

omg i HATE this LAPTOP! i can never watch the videos...

nvm i got to watch it. thats very interesting. i never knew that either.

Last edited:
I opened up an old hobby battery I had. It contains 4 large cells of some sort. Keep in mind this is a 1.5V hobby battery and not a 6V battery.

I went searching youtube and the 6v ones also have the 4 large cells...

That sucks:yes:

Oh but the 9v batteies are supposed to have cells in them that will work for AAA batts!
The down side: You will probably pay twice as much for the 9v

EDIT: I see that Olds already post this info.. oh well!:post_count1:

Last edited:
Well..
I Heard on youtube you can take apart a 9V and get a battery that you could bend a tab on and use as a AAA battery.. well not in mine...

took off the case
Photo78.jpg

Found a few cells Nothing like the shape of a AAA
Photo79.jpg

Photo80.jpg

Here is the volts!

Photo84.jpg

And lastly the contents of each cell: and just for the sake of knowing I stuck the volt meter in the crushed powder of one cell (the powder what ever it is kinda sticks to gather, but when you break it up its almost like very fine sand) and it still showed up about .3 volts
Photo87.jpg

Now i have to go clean off my macbook because the white keyboard now is spotted with black:depress:

Sorry for the little hijack there just wanted to post that up..

EDIT:JEEEZ it takes alot to get this off key boards!
EDIT AGAIN!: after about 30 mins of scrubbing with DA its all gone except on the track pad a little..

Last edited:
yeh..something looked funny when he dumped those batteries out.

Back