Can it get any easier?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmao, I know exactly what you mean by staying away from money spent conversation. The other day I was buying a few small things on ebay and I saw the total spend in the last 30 days, it really scared me. Mostly because I only buy small things on ebay usually, but buying one or two things on ebay because they are good deals adds up fast!

The only problems with my Baja is finding space to run and a tendency to shred the rear tires.

lmao, I know exactly what you mean by staying away from money spent conversation. The other day I was buying a few small things on ebay and I saw the total spend in the last 30 days, it really scared me. Mostly because I only buy small things on ebay usually, but buying one or two things on ebay because they are good deals adds up fast!

No doubt.... My wife uses MS Money to track out finances.. which makes a really nice, but annoying pie chart that shows in what areas the money was spent as well as the total amount. Needless to say she is always complaining that next to Household expenses, Hobbies is the second biggest piece of the pie. So I am in cool it mode for the next few months until she goes back to work and the baby situation is stable. Daycare and such is going to add up quick!

i am on ebay restriction....my wife found out what i was spending=devil
then this weekend i went to the lhs to get fuel line well next thing you know i have 4 glow plugs,swaybar kit ext.....now i need to figure out how to sneek a 5b into the finances:LoL:

I'm so glad I'm not married.

-Michael

It will happen my friend.... it will happen. Your still young my friend. I didn't get married until I was 29. And trust me... no matter how much you think your girl is ok with your hobbies... once you say I do... and you will! LOL.. all bets are off the table. Trust me on this one... once she has a say in the finances.... she will have her say.

Tom

Tom,

I dunno - no more spending money on RC or other toys... then I come to here and wonder what the heck is in the RCNT water because you guys are constantly posting that someone has another kid on the way.

I'm thinking about not coming back to RCNT just so I don't have to worry about my girlfriend telling me there is one on the way ;)

-Michael

Tom,

I dunno - no more spending money on RC or other toys... then I come to here and wonder what the heck is in the RCNT water because you guys are constantly posting that someone has another kid on the way.

I'm thinking about not coming back to RCNT just so I don't have to worry about my girlfriend telling me there is one on the way ;)

-Michael

LMAO!!! RC and having babies go hand in hand.... you don't spend money on RC's your wife is happy.... and the baby making proceedure happens more often. However the exact opposite is true.... the more money you spend on RC's the more upset your significant other becomes... therefore directly affecting the core piece of the baby making proceedure. So in theory.... the less you spend on RC's the better chance of having a kid... the more you spend the less the chance. Except in Jetmech's situation... his wife.... well she is awesome when it comes to RC's... he's got it made!

Tom

Sorry to derail the thread Rob.

LMAO!!! RC and having babies go hand in hand.... you don't spend money on RC's your wife is happy.... and the baby making proceedure happens more often. However the exact opposite is true.... the more money you spend on RC's the more upset your significant other becomes... therefore directly affecting the core piece of the baby making proceedure. So in theory.... the less you spend on RC's the better chance of having a kid... the more you spend the less the chance. Except in Jetmech's situation... his wife.... well she is awesome when it comes to RC's... he's got it made!

Tom

Sorry to derail the thread Rob.

you are so correct on that

now i need to figure out how to sneek a 5b into the finances:LoL:

I hear that you can sell a liver on the black market for a good price... you have two of them... might as well make good use out of the other.

I know the feeling though... If I were smart I'd set my self an allowance. But I don't. I nickel and dime on eBay throughout the winter and buy the necessities in the summer. By the end of winter, I typically have decent rigs ready for a thrashing.

Maybe next winter, every time I think about buying something on eBay, I'll put that dough aside... by spring, I'll have enough for a precious 5B. I should start shopping for it now!

Don't kid yourselves... Once you have the 5B in your possession, you can't help but to look at what hop ups are out there... That's where I fell victim... lol
I could have had 2 SS kits by now... It's definitely an impressive looking machine...

Last edited:
Do you think i'm sexy?

flee1.jpg

Nitro killer!

oh baby stop teasin me! It's not fair that you can touch yours but I can't touch mine!

I've gotta get me a set of street meats for mine. It'll give me more places to run.

I couldnt afford the Baja so I went to the Smartech Bigfoot. Once I put the tuned pipe and a decent air cleaner on it, (an changed from mower fuel to high octane with a synthetic 2 stroke oil) I was REALLY impressed. Although it is easier that my nitros AND my brushless, (keeping batteries charged up and speedie temps down) I do still prefer the sound of the nitros and the sickening speed of a brushless on steroids, sorry Lipo.
I'll keep them all...............

once you drop in a race ported motor and some gearing changes on that bigfoot, you ll be even more impressed

theres a guy running drags with his baja in an open mod class, and beating brushless/lipo setups and nasty fast nitros too.

Robmob, just because you can't spend a little time and tune something doesn't mean gas is better. Its just more for them rich lazy guys who have to much money and to lazy to tune them.

NITRO ROCKS!

I guess I better weigh in on this one too. First of all, gas is MUCH better in most regards. Not because someone is too lazy to do a little tuning as Zachary :constipat writes, but because who wouldn't want the convenience of firing up and going??!! That said, I must admit that even though I love my new Baja SS, I'll never be without a nitro because of the limitations of where you can run a gas car. They're too big and too loud to allow running in the places that you can usually get away with running a nitro. They are much heavier, meaning that if you even try to approach pulling off some of the stunts with a gas car that you would with most nitros, you're gonna break something! All that extra weight hits the ground a lot harder and causes things to break more easily.
Each one has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm just glad I've got one of each to choose from!!!

I'm glad that I have both gas and nitro as well, but having 50 acres, after running the 5b SS twice, I can tell you that my nitros will be rarely used. My newest Savage has had two tanks run through it since break in, and I'll be surprised if it's seen six tanks in a few months. The gasser is just so much nicer and so much more fun than the nitro for the way I use them. I have plenty of land though so I'm not trying to get away with running something in a neighborhood or anything like that. I've got lots of dirt coming in Friday if we don't get a lot of rain before then. I'm soooo excited!

Back