Can it get any easier?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday I wanted to take my 5B out in the street for a few passes.

The receiver pack was already charged so all I did was add fuel and started her up. After about 15 minutes I was done so I killed it an put it back on the stand making sure the batt switch was off.

That was all I had to do to take a quick spin. No dumbshit after run maintenance whatsoever. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am through with the hassle of nitro. Hell, this thing was even easier than running any of my electrics.

Man i'm so glad to hear that. It's a funny thing that you posted this. I was about to ask a question about if the baja was a lot more convenient than nitro or just a lil bit more convenient.

Honestly, if you have a place to run the 5B all the time, you may find yourself selling your nitros since you won't be using them.

Nitro sucks.

Tuning a 2 cycle is a lot more forgiving than the nitro's, I'll give you that. If I had an area big enough to run that hog, I'd have one. But, with a recent buddies misfortune of the business he worked for going under, I lost a prime place to bash such a machine.

Although... I could see myself getting one and running it like a banshee through local parks and whatnot just for kicks. It does ok on normal lawn right?

Although... I could see myself getting one and running it like a banshee through local parks and whatnot just for kicks. It does ok on normal lawn right?

I'd be more concerned with the cops showing up to crash your party.

Come on, Robmob. I don't have any money. What's the deal making me want MORE stuff?

Great, now I have to mow a bajillion more yards to buy one.

Robmob, just because you can't spend a little time and tune something doesn't mean gas is better. Its just more for them rich lazy guys who have to much money and to lazy to tune them.

NITRO ROCKS!

You know Rob being a poor military guy I have never tried the Baja....so I will tell you what...send me yours....I will "try it out" for a little while. I will then make the decision on which I like better? Sound like a deal? :bow:

only can be better if your running in a hooter parkinglot, and they are bringing our free beers and free orange shorts. lol

man all this 5b talk is going to get me a divorce i might have to go buy one...then the wife will leave me she is already jeolous about my nitro addiction

I agree, I have not ran my Associated MGT since I've bought my FG Monster Truck. In fact the MGT has a brand new Picco .28 engine in it that's yet to even be broken in yet, only has maybe a tank or two through it.

The FG is just so much more fun to drive and so much easier to not only drive but also maintain.

-Michael

Ahhh....!! All you guys with your precious Baja's make me sick!!! Making it hard for all us poor saps that still have to run Nitro! LOL

Some day... some day... I too will know what it is like to burn gas in and RC. Maybe this summer... but I doubt it.

Sorry Rob... had to give ya some crap there..... So does this mean you have some Nitro mills for sale?

Tom

I agree, I have not ran my Associated MGT since I've bought my FG Monster Truck. In fact the MGT has a brand new Picco .28 engine in it that's yet to even be broken in yet, only has maybe a tank or two through it.

The FG is just so much more fun to drive and so much easier to not only drive but also maintain.

-Michael

Man Woodie you're not making it any easier to wait patiently on my 5b. :LoL:

Ahhh....!! All you guys with your precious Baja's make me sick!!! Making it hard for all us poor saps that still have to run Nitro! LOL

Some day... some day... I too will know what it is like to burn gas in and RC. Maybe this summer... but I doubt it.

Sorry Rob... had to give ya some crap there..... So does this mean you have some Nitro mills for sale?

Tom

I don't know if it's the same for you, but I could have bought two baja 5b's just with the money that I've put into my nitro trucks in the past three months, and I'm not even racing!

Man Woodie you're not making it any easier to wait patiently on my 5b. :LoL:

Since it's being shipped to me first I'm going to put it together and run it for a while. I'm guessing within 6-7 months you should have your baja! :D

godale - Charlie has a good point. The price tag does scare a lot of people away but when you stop and think about how much time and money you've dumped into your nitro it's not much if any more then nitro r/c's.

-Michael

Since it's being shipped to me first I'm going to put it together and run it for a while. I'm guessing within 6-7 months you should have your baja! :D

godale - Charlie has a good point. The price tag does scare a lot of people away but when you stop and think about how much time and money you've dumped into your nitro it's not much if any more then nitro r/c's.

-Michael

Oh, I agree whole heartedly. The price tag doesn't bother me.... I would spend it in a heartbeat if I could.... The price tag does however bother my wife! LOL And even though I think you make a great point with the amount I have put into my nitros.... but I don't think that would be a great idea to bring up in a discussion with my wife! :) I try to stay away from anything regarding money spent when it comes to my ever growing RC habbit.

Tom

Robmob, just because you can't spend a little time and tune something doesn't mean gas is better. Its just more for them rich lazy guys who have to much money and to lazy to tune them.

LMFAO

You hit the nail right on the head with this one kid.

Back