Brainstorm for backyard pool deck track for Mini B/Ts that keeps cars out of pool.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstmike1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Posted this in Mini forum and found this one so thought I should post here instead. Apologies.

Trying to figure out a way to utilize my pool deck for the off season to race Mini Bs. Just not any places to take them and likely won't get driven unless I have a place to drive them at home.
Semi retired and just trying to figure out a way to use the space and have a place to drive these little cars and race as family usually comes to my house for holidays, big games, or just to visit and many have or will be getting Minis to race eachother.
Looking at using just the pool deck outside/around the pool for a rectangular track but need something to prevent cars from going in pool. Considering maybe PVC, 2 levels like a rail. But rectangular track not too exciting. See dims in pics.

Also looking at maybe floating some 4 x 8 Insulfoam sheets with turf on them IN the pool and using the pool AND pool deck area for a track.
Would love to hear others input/ideas/concerns. Likely racing mostly Mini Bs and Ts.

Thanks all.
1706828622926.png

1706828432334.png

You could drain it for a freestyle mt run while the minis are racing on the out skirts. 🤣🤔

I can guarantee you, you'll be driving submarines eventually, no matter how hard you try to keep them out of the pool. But you can waterproof things, so no biggie.

Not sure what to do for a track, but looking forward to see how this turns out.

Only solution I see is to build a jump and

2182278181553.5602b144ab902.jpg

Build some ramps and jumps... Get a pool cover .... toss on some paddle tires to skip over the pool

Back