Brainstorm for backyard Mini B pool deck track that also keeps cars out of pool.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstmike1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Trying to figure out a way to utilize my pool deck for the off season to race Mini Bs. Just not any places to take them and likely won't get driven unless I have a place to drive them at home.
Semi retired and just trying to figure out a way to use the space and have a place to drive these little cars and race as family usually comes to my house for holidays, big games, or just to visit and many have or will be getting Minis to race eachother.
Looking at using just the pool deck outside/around the pool for a rectangular track but need something to prevent cars from going in pool. Considering maybe PVC, 2 levels like a rail. But rectangular track not too exciting. See dims in pics.

Also looking at maybe floating some 4 x 8 insulfoam sheets with turf on them IN the pool and using the pool AND pool deck area for a track.
Would love to hear others input/ideas/concerns. Likely racing mostly Mini Bs and Ts.

Thanks all.
1706828622926.png

1706828432334.png

Bendaboard?

Would probably need a 4x4 block to support it at the corners and in the middle of longer runs.

only passable solution is a golf net.
Suspended past track blocking sides of the pool...have fun

As for pool surface .Id go with tunnels..but My solutions will take-up space while not in use

Golf net might be a good idea. Going to try the two level PVC border for just going around the pool to start. Thinking 1/2" might give a bit more that 3/4" for more direct impacts. Will also look at bender board.

For those that race or have raced Mini B or similar size, how wide should lanes be? If likely only racing 3 to 4 cars at a time, are 4' wide lanes enough (just under 7 car widths) or is wider better?

Also not sure what you mean by tunnels for pool surface. Please expand/explain if you could.

Thanks to all for your input. Just discovered the RC Garage and Projects forum so reposted there as it probably should have been there to begin with.

Back