Best way to store 35 lipos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h
The safest place to keep your lipo batteries in the summer is in your fireplace if you have one. Toxic fumes will even vent out the chimney should you have a mishap.
Holy crap, that gave me an idea! At my mom's house, we have a fireplace that has never been started/had wood put into it since we moved in. mind you, I have lived in the house ever since I was born so I think I can change it into a nice little lipo charging area!

h

Holy crap, that gave me an idea! At my mom's house, we have a fireplace that has never been started/had wood put into it since we moved in. mind you, I have lived in the house ever since I was born so I think I can change it into a nice little lipo charging area!
Build some nice soft shelving meaning something that will not wear on the batteries and some metal doors to close in case the worst happens and you will have one hell of a storage area. Take some pics when you are done with it.

Last edited:
Build some nice sift shelving and some metal doors to close in case the worst happens and you will have one hell of a storage area. Take some pics when you are done with it.
Got to get approval from my mom though!
I bet I could store my cars in there too. I would just need to put a little wall in there. I would also need to figure out a way to make it so that the charger can stay in there with the doors shut.
Wait. We need to get the roof fixed first. We were on Christmas break at my grandparent's house and our big oak tree that was in front of our house fell onto the roof. Kind of screwed up the chimney. I kid you not, this tree was like 80 feet tall.

h

That’s a good idea

Do you really want to burn your cars up if your batteries go south?

Do Lithium Ion batteries require the same precautions as Lipos?
I would say yes. Lithium is lithium and
h

The second you claim it is when they need it. 🤪🫣 hopefully your luck is better, and very clever.

My mom said no to the fireplace idea 😢
Tell her that using the fireplace is better than burning down the house.🔥
Then show here a video of a battery going up in flames.
She will either change her mind or your batteries will have to be stored out in the back yard. Worth a shot!

She will either change her mind or your batteries will have to be stored out in the back yard. Worth a shot!
You'll send him back to the stone age. Block of wood car on string. ☠️😁

Just tried that and she said no.

Back