Anyone into digital Photography at all???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitrofan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey people, I am wondering if anyone here is into digital photography as a hobby at all. I am trying to spend a little less money on my hobbies and bought a digital camera and am wondering if anyone has any good tips or if anyone know's any good websites that are of help. Also if you have any pics that you think are cool post'em here. This is one that I have just taken that I really like later.

2321Still_Willamette.jpg

This is the Willamette river in Portland Oregon from where I work. Later

Nice picture man... I always wanted to get into photography, but the camera prices were outta control... Good luck
Here's a pic that I took up in PA ....
woods2.jpg

Those are awesome pictures great job.

I enjoy Digital photography a lot. I shoot more technical photos than anything else. Sometimes I get a good scenic photo but not often.

Here are 2 from our West Coast Bash when we took a side trip to Yosemite national park. The first one was taken by me and the second by Chris as we were going down the road.

We do have a Pro. Photographer in the house. NCNitro has a lot of experience under his belt.

13yos.jpg

13yos1.jpg

Wow some great pics. Eddy Back in my high school days which I guess was about 11 years ago now, I was on my high school's year book and Newspaper. I was also involved heavily involved with my photo club. I am no novice to a 35mm camera with f-stops and all that. However I am so new to my digicam that I have no idea what that thing even does. Guess I am looking for any digital photog secrets that I should be doing. Later all

Nice pic of the willamette were do you work to get that good of a pic?

Korn I work at an apartment community in Lake Oswego. It is really right off of the river. A ways up off of it but none the less an awesome view. It is right in downtown Lake Oswego. Later

Ya thats a pretty cool view. The willamette is cool looking but dirty if you you know what you mean. The reason I stand so stongly about that is well, One time I was out on my boat and I got salsa on my whit shirt stained it and well I went swiming later and the stain was gone so well lets put it this way I dont swim much anymore.

Originally posted by FastEddy
I enjoy Digital photography a lot. I shoot more technical photos than anything else. Sometimes I get a good scenic photo but not often.

Here are 2 from our West Coast Bash when we took a side trip to Yosemite national park. The first one was taken by me and the second by Chris as we were going down the road.

We do have a Pro. Photographer in the house. NCNitro has a lot of experience under his belt.

13yos.jpg

13yos1.jpg

ROFLMAO! I took that second picture! But with Eddies camera of course! Mine sucks!

And if you look in that first pic, thats me on the far left, walking towards the camera. I loved the setting right there. If I had died right then and there, it would have been just fine with me. What a beautiful place!

I took this shot in my parents backyard
flower.JPG

This one at a local farm
deer.JPG

Last edited:
Here is on of the landscape pics I took while hunting... Pretty cool
121Picture_019-med.jpg

Reminds of a time when were up on top of an old look out by my house
and were were over 1,000 FT high and The clouds were all settled into the valleys below us, only one word can sum something like it up (and it doesn't do it full justice) Beautiful... That is one thing I will NEVER forget, just wish I had a camera with me...

Oh now I know why you don't like to put your head under water kk hehe....

Last edited:
Yep thats exactly it to MC.

what about this pic?
396Blue_hills-med.jpg

sly that's an awesome pic of that deer. How on earth did you get that close. Hopefully there is no smashed up car behind the story seeing as how we can't see the rest of the deer;-p

Originally posted by newnitrofan
sly that's an awesome pic of that deer. How on earth did you get that close. Hopefully there is no smashed up car behind the story seeing as how we can't see the rest of the deer;-p

Well is you notice in his ear is a clip. I was at a local farm that had a bunch of animals for kids to feed...LOL

Originally posted by newnitrofan
Hey people, I am wondering if anyone here is into digital photography as a hobby at all. I am trying to spend a little less money on my hobbies and bought a digital camera and am wondering if anyone has any good tips or if anyone know's any good websites that are of help. Also if you have any pics that you think are cool post'em here. This is one that I have just taken that I really like later.

2321Still_Willamette.jpg

This is the Willamette river in Portland Oregon from where I work. Later

I have been to that spot you took that picture from. I have crossed that bridge many times. Wow.

Silent honestly dude no you haven't been there on that particular bridge. That is a train bridge and not very accessible to people via foot. Dude I got a kick ass shot of Mt. St. Helens today I will post it later when i get home. Had to work today cuz my weekend assistant got sick. Later

Hmm. I was in 4th grade at the time. I lived right on that River. My mom through out her old hippy bong from the 70's in there. Have you any pictures of the covered bridges around there?

2321awesome_sky.jpg

Got a great night time sky shot. Sort of a sunset kind of a thing
2321MT_ST_Helens.jpg

This is a pic of Mt. St. Helens on a very rare clear day here in Portland Oregon. It's hard to tell but the Mountain is honestly about 80 miles away.
Silent where did your parents actually live here???

I am making the jump to digital this spring, all my photos in the past have been 35mm. Here are a few race pics from last summer.

Last edited:
Back