airbrushing with faskolor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheckMyBrain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Do I need to be thinning this stuff? It comes out all spotty. I have been airbrushing models for years but just started airbrushing lexan. Whats the secret?

Do I need to be thinning this stuff? It comes out all spotty. I have been airbrushing models for years but just started airbrushing lexan. Whats the secret?

I really do not like Faskolor, I prefer Pactra Acryl, it is a far superior paint imo. But if you are going to use Faskolor, you will have to thin it. You will also want to shoot it between 25-30 psi.

Now i know this probably isn't the proper way to do it....but when ever i have spray faskolor i never mix it and spray it between 40-50 psi...

Like i said, probably not the proper way, but i've never had a problem doing it that way, and it always covers good

Pressure is reletive to the type of work you're doing anyways. If I'm doing cover work I'll crank up the air pressure and hold the brush maybe an extra 2 inches away from my work to get even broad coverage. If I'm doing details like shadows or something I'll dial it back a bit and move closer to the body. That's my personal technique, not everybody sprays the same I'm sure.

I am spraying at 28psi. I probably wont buy the faskolor again. I am not a pro but I never had any issues airbrushing models with the cheap testers acrylic paint, always covered great and almost impossible to make it run. I will grab some thinner and see if I can keep from wasting the rest of what I have. For some reason I thought it seen where you didnt need to thin it to spray it. It must have been a different brand. Thanks guys.

Fascolor is waterbased so you don't want to use a "thinner" per se such as a laquer or enamel thinner. You can use a tad bit of water, some folks use a little glass cleaner.

If I'm doing cover work I'll crank up the air pressure and hold the brush maybe an extra 2 inches away from my work to get even broad coverage. If I'm doing details like shadows or something I'll dial it back a bit and move closer to the body.

I do the same thing

Fascolor is waterbased so you don't want to use a "thinner" per se such as a laquer or enamel thinner. You can use a tad bit of water, some folks use a little glass cleaner.

Exactly! do not use "thinner", use water or windex to thin Faskolor. But as Lessen mentioned do not make it too thin or you will have a whole different set of problems.

Try the Pactra Acryl, you will never want to shoot Parma again.

I do the same thing

Exactly! do not use "thinner", use water or windex to thin Faskolor. But as Lessen mentioned do not make it too thin or you will have a whole different set of problems.

Try the Pactra Acryl, you will never want to shoot Parma again.

I already dont want to shoot Parma ever again. I can't seem to get te right mix. I could have painted this body with a brush and made it look better. I used acrylic thinner, I am pretty sure I paid 6 dollars for a small bottle of water. I will definitely try the pactra paint on my next body.

I was given a bit of good advice by the pros here on practice/testing. Cut open a 2 liter soda bottle and clean it like you would a shell and it is close enough that you can see what you will get with a certain paint or style.

I use the Parma Faskolor and thin it slightly with a bit of distilled water.

Back