New to airbrushing and was going to buy a Master Airbrush G33, but.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fotomatt1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I'm new to airbrushing and just getting back into the RC hobby after a long hiatus. I'm interested to try airbrushing bodies rather than rattle can, and after exploring this forum and a few others, I had settled on a Master Airbrush G33. Only problem is, they're out of stock everywhere. I emailed TCP Global who distributes them and they told me there is no ETA at all, so I'm not hopeful we'll see them anytime soon.

Can anybody recommend another model as an alternative? I might eventually step up to an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS if I'm going to stick with it, but would rather stick to a lower budget since I'm not sure yet. There are so many different models in the Master lineup, so it's challenging to pick the next best option.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

www.spraygunner.com

Check put the no-name brand.

I headed down this path recently & am also new to airbrushing. I picked one up here for less than 40 bucks. It’s a way to get started.

No...I was after the G33.

I've checked out their site. What model do you have, and what size needles are you using?
Search for this item number on their website: NN-BD180K

It includes two different nozzles .3 & .2
as well as a hose to attach to your air compressor of choice.

The Master stuff is OK, but my Paasche sprays better. The Master airbrush can be a little finicky sometimes. If I were to put some money into airbrushes, I would buy Iwata. Otherwise, I would check out Spraygunner as mentioned. I buy all my airbrush supplies and Createx paint from them.

The Master stuff is OK, but my Paasche sprays better. The Master airbrush can be a little finicky sometimes. If I were to put some money into airbrushes, I would buy Iwata. Otherwise, I would check out Spraygunner as mentioned. I buy all my airbrush supplies and Createx paint from them.
Which Paashe do you have? I've been checking out their stuff as well. Also checking out this compressor on Spraygunner's website:

https://spraygunner.com/holiday-gift-ideas/tooty-airbrush-compressor-by-no-name-brand/

Would this be a good option? Also, will it work with this Harbor Freight spray gun for Liquid Mask?

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...oz-hvlp-gravity-feed-air-spray-gun-62300.html

Which Paashe do you have? I've been checking out their stuff as well. Also checking out this compressor on Spraygunner's website:
My Paasche is an old suction model. I don't remember right off hand what model, but I highly doubt they still make it.

Yes, that would be a good compressor.

Also, will it work with this Harbor Freight spray gun for Liquid Mask?

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...oz-hvlp-gravity-feed-air-spray-gun-62300.html
Are you wanting to paint a barn? You can put bigger needles in your regular airbrush. Or they make bigger airbrushes for spraying more paint.

Anyway, I am not sure that compressor would run that gun very well. It may be a low pressure gun, but it likely requires a lot more volume to maintain that pressure.

I have an oldie, Paasche H-1

Have had it since my scale Armor modeling days.
I got a vl series I think. Early 90s my mom got it for my dad. 8 or so years ago I just kinds aquired it. Still has the paper hand written receipt.

My Paasche is an old suction model. I don't remember right off hand what model, but I highly doubt they still make it.

Yes, that would be a good compressor.

Are you wanting to paint a barn? You can put bigger needles in your regular airbrush. Or they make bigger airbrushes for spraying more paint.

Anyway, I am not sure that compressor would run that gun very well. It may be a low pressure gun, but it likely requires a lot more volume to maintain that pressure.
The spray gun is for Liquid Mask. I've seen the Harbor Freight purple spray gun recommended for LM on several RC forums. I've heard liquid mask clogs up airbrushes easily.

The spray gun is for Liquid Mask. I've seen the Harbor Freight purple spray gun recommended for LM on several RC forums. I've heard liquid mask clogs up airbrushes easily.
I don't know if that airbush compressor would push it. You would have to contact spraygunner and ask them. I kinda doubt it will have enough CFM.

Back