Need help with lexan paints

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolmanbarbados

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all i have bought lexan paint and would like to know how to use to paint using an airbrush.

This is my first time painting with these paints.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi all i have bought lexan paint and would like to know how to use to paint using an airbrush.

This is my first time painting with these paints.
Which paint did you buy?

You should not post your email on the internet like that. You will get all kinds of unwanted spam.

Last edited:
Which paint did you buy?

You should not post your email on the internet like that. You will get all kinds of unwanted spam.
Lexan i got it from Australia. Water base.

If it is water based acrylic, you can thin it with Fantastik cleaner, if it even needs it. Most airbrush paint is thinned enough for an airbrush, but if it sprays droplets, add a little thinner.

First coat, spray very lightly. Especially if you have masked any areas. Spray a light dusting along the edge of your masks and let it dry. It should be barely visible. Do this a couple times to seal the edge of your masks to prevent paint bleed.

After you give the entire body a couple light coats, go back with normal coats, letting it dry a few minutes between coats.

Start with your dark colors first. Make sure to hit any light spots before switching colors.

Back the paint with white for light colors, or black for dark colors.

If it is water based acrylic, you can thin it with Fantastik cleaner, if it even needs it. Most airbrush paint is thinned enough for an airbrush, but if it sprays droplets, add a little thinner.

First coat, spray very lightly. Especially if you have masked any areas. Spray a light dusting along the edge of your masks and let it dry. It should be barely visible. Do this a couple times to seal the edge of your masks to prevent paint bleed.

After you give the entire body a couple light coats, go back with normal coats, letting it dry a few minutes between coats.

Start with your dark colors first. Make sure to hit any light spots before switching colors.

Back the paint with white for light colors, or black for dark colors.
https://speedyrc.com.au/collections/vendors?q=Lexan Paints&sort_by=best-selling

https://speedyrc.com.au/collections/vendors?q=Lexan Paints&sort_by=best-selling

I have not fot them yet but this is where i getting it from.

It actually does not say if those are acrylic or not.
I just email the place i got them from waiting on a reply

I also just found a place with createx paints. Sawxa video of a guy using them to paint bodies. Going to also get them and reducer for them. Just want to know if the paint needs thinning and what to use.

Do you guys have Fantastik cleaner over there? Best thinner there is for acrylic paints. And much cheaper than the stuff the paint companies try to sell ya.

For the Createx stuff, they require a certain thinner for their candies, but I have never had to use it. The stuff is really thin.
63376890.png

Do you guys have Fantastik cleaner over there? Best thinner there is for acrylic paints. And much cheaper than the stuff the paint companies try to sell ya.

For the Createx stuff, they require a certain thinner for their candies, but I have never had to use it. The stuff is really thin.
View attachment 184407
Yes we do.

Use that. Bloodshot Airbrushing on Youtube recommends that, and he uses Createx. Check out his channel. He has a beginner tutorial playlist. Really great airbrush artist too.
The guy from where i getting the paints say there are water base paints

Hi looking for bloodshot airbrushing need help with airbrushing bodies new at it. HELP!!