Mixed airbrush paint & storage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
How are you storing paints you've mixed enough to use again in the future?
I am considering how much I can mix/store and how to do that efficiently to help reduce prep time & maybe minimize loss along the way.
Airbrushing 1/10 & 1/8 lexan buggy/trail trucks is where most of my time will be spent.

Over the next year, 10-15 bodies will be completed. A limited number of colors will be used.
Primary coverage (85%) with another three consuming the remaining 15% and then a backing color.

There are six bodies ready for round one. Why not just mix all the colors at-once? Anyone with me?
My interest is to avoid prepping too much and also on the other end of the spectrum in not enough & just wasting time completing the task 2x.

Thanks for sharing your learning curve.

Buggy Bodies.jpg

Whatever you do, make sure your paint is stored in glass or PET (ketchup) bottles. The softer HDPE (mustard) bottles leech gases, so your paint will dry out.

Whenever I use my paints, I go through and shake all my bottles. I have my own thinner I made to thin them, but if you're using water based acrylics, just thin your paints with Fantastic cleaner 😉

Last edited:
Good tip on the bottles. Thanks.

Fantastic for thinning.
Really?

I’m telling my age here. But can anyone guess what these are. Back in the day they made for great paint mixing and storing

View attachment 180658
I got one too. But it's not used for paint. 😁

Thanks for making me feel old. It's bad enough I washed some color out of my beard this morning.

Don’t won’t me to even go there. I’m accused of being my kids grandparent instead of parent most of the time. Lol

Back