advice on rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still have the spektrum dx4s with all the telemetry sensors can i add and use that or should i just stick to the stock one that comes with it

MM2 is fine but its kinda big. Its an 1/8 scale ESC. You can use it if you want no problem with that but Id probably save my self $20 bucks and go with a Castle Mamba Monster Pro. Its the 1/10 scale version and its slightly cheaper and more compact. It also has the option to run sensored motors if you ever get into racing them.

You can use your Spektrum, just have to install the RX into the kit.

awesome thankyou can i install my temp sensor and rpm sensor ? where can i find upgrades for my car alloy, shock upgrades

You can look for hop ups at tons of places but to name a few,
amain.com
towerhobbies.com
asiatees.com
traxxas.com
stormerhobbies.com

and I would assume you can install the telemetry sensors but I can't say 100% for sure cuz I dont use telemetry sensors myself.

wohooo cam in today lol quick question the manual shows that shock fluid and diff fluid should be changed how often should this be done ?

Attachments

• IMG-20160205-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20160205-WA0003.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 269
You'll probably get different opinions from everyone but I generally only check my diff fluid when I need to take the diff apart and shock fluid I check maybe once a year or whenever I have my shocks off I'll give em a look see. If your bashing anyway. If you're racing you'll want to do it before every race if possible.

Gratz on the new ride!

so i installed a new savox servo woooow what a difference lol added put thicker fluid in the diffs and shocks lowered it abit and 1.5 degree camber in all around test ran on track and omg what a difference now i need some advice on motor battery and controller ?

Take a look at Castle Creations' Sidewinder SCT edition. A lot of guys at the local off-road track really like it. They also like the Tekin Red-Line if price is no object.

It IS more programmable with a Castle-link Programmer than most. It does have a 4-pole motor which has more torque than all of the stock 2-pole versions.

ok cool so you think that mamba 2 extreme combo is overkill ?

have you ever seen that charger before someone wants to sell me it for 50$ says 170 on the ticket but I've never heard of it

Attachments

• astro109.jpg
    astro109.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
The Mamba Monster, yes. The Mamba Max Pro, no. I use one on my SCX-10/JK scaler project. The MMP also has the ability to Run sensored motors as well as the unsensored that Castle sells. I recommended the Sidewinder SCT because it is used on our local track where the rules limit the number of cells on a LiPo to 2s.

ohh ok cool thanks I'm gonna grab that then sidewinder 1 more thing I'm sorry i keep hitting you with questions that link with the charger have you seen it before ?

I haven't seen one before, although it appears to be older. It doesn't have a balance feature which is important in using LiPos. My favorites are the Venom Pro-Charger and the HiTec X-1 Touch. Both can charge all of the batteries out there and can balance them as well. Both can wok on house current or off of a car battery.

Back