advice on rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ochana25

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey everyone so I'm completely new to electric, I've always been with nitro and have built a crazy nitro truck called frankenmaxx lol check it on on the tmaxx page, anyways i wanna start competing in the indoor rc tracks and do some outdoor running now i was thinking whatever i get I'm gonna end up upgrading everything so i was thinking of getting a roller ? any advice

What kind of truck are you looking for? Monster? Short Course? Buggy? Truggy?

That's not a bad roller. Just make sure that you get the electronics that meet the class rules for racing.

Its hard to say. is his Losi 8ight brand new? does it have lots of hop ups like your tmaxx? I mean if both kits were brand new then its a pretty even trade but yours at least isnt new and it looked like it has a bunch of hop ups so its hard to say without seeing his actual kit and even then if its used who knows what kind of hidden things may be wrong with it.

so i just found out some stuff about his so yes its a losi 8ight 2.0 but the electronics seem cheap no name brands and he said your probably gonna have to replace the battery soon and even that one was a cheap 40$ he got from online heres a couple of pics

Attachments

• received_10153806519136271.jpeg
    received_10153806519136271.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 163
  • received_10153806519751271.jpeg
    received_10153806519751271.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 155
  • received_10153806520001271.jpeg
    received_10153806520001271.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 167
  • received_10153807947116271.jpeg
    received_10153807947116271.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 171
Onyx is made by Duratrax so its probably decent stuff. The servo brand I've never heard of. IDK your kit looks like its got a lot more money into it so if I were gonna trade Id probably try to get him to sweeten the deal a bit on his end but i guess it just depends on how bad you want it.

The 4X4 Slash is a decent all-around rig, but most of the guys racing around here are using Team Associated or Team Durango.

Your best bet would be to go to the track you plan on racing at and ask them what classes they have, then figure out which one you'd prefer. It would suck to get a rig built and ready to go just to find out it's not legal in any of their races. Like Hamz said, those are 2 of the popular racing brands but I have seen some tracks with a Slash specific class.

And don't be afraid to ask the racers questions. They can fill you in on any tips and tricks as well as any give you suggestions on any extra/spare parts you need.

for racing are they 10th scale only ? thats what i was told is this true

Most off-road tracks around here race only 1/10 scale SCTs and 1/8 scale buggies, although some allow larger sizes like the 1/5 scale trucks and buggies.

ok cool thanks

what are some good for team associated for short course ?

Last edited: