A Glowplug, on Sunday, in Houston ... ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UHFire

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all - this is my first post! I just dove into the hobby RC world and got a Swift 4wd buggy about a week ago. Life is good. The Swift thread is very helpful, as well. Unfortunately, I've kicked myself in the rear - I've run out of glowplugs and ... it's sunday afternoon. I'm trying to run, but it's quickly looking like it will be a shop day. Does anyone know where I could pick up a glow plug, as most RC shops in the Houston area seem to be closed on Sunday. Thanks :doh:

Ben

this may be off topic but my name is Ben too!! :banana:

looks like ur just gonna have to wait till tommorow:OMG:

Are you running out of glowpluggs really fast or something? Hobby Town USA is open on sundays

I had some trouble with my pullstart mechanism right off the bat. Trying to fix the problem blew the only two extras I bought. Fortunately today however, I was able to tear some grass up for a couple hours after all. I had a blast until ... of course, the front CVJ pin comes spoils my fun. It was great seeing the power shift to the rear tires though - I have to admit, I've had a blast with this car ... ... ... after I picked up a bump starter

:redbuggy:

Last edited:
Larry's Hobbies at I-45 and 1960 is open on Sun, but only for about four hours. I don't know about M&M or Clarke's though. Have you joined THRC yet ??

If your going to a race, you can ask one of your fellow racers to see if they can sell a few to you. Racers are pretty kewl at the track and I'm sure they can help you out. I know I would help you.

I will join soon - I have to ... err ... finish paying for my new buggy; the joys of credit for a close to broke college student. The only thing I could omit to reallocate funding right now would be my dearest cold frosty brew ... ... it's going to be a couple weeks. :ale: :ale: :ale:

Joining is free, just go to teamhoustonrc.com It's the racing that gets expensive :\

Joining is free, just go to teamhoustonrc.com It's the racing that gets expensive

hehe, tru dat - I went to my first THRC race Saturday

Also try Cy Fair hobbies on the Beltway and up at the Woodlands - I believe they're open and would have a basic part like that, though they are mostly a plane shop.

Back