Back again after 8 months! 😂

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_RC_Dude

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone, it's me, Isaac, back on the forum, I've been offline for Lord knows how many months now, due to work, friends, other hobbies, and just life. It's been a good while, but I'm happy to say that I'm back!

Of course, I have some RC related news for y'all - no pictures right now, so bear with me. I don't remember exactly when I went offline, so I can't say exactly what I've done since then to my rigs. I got new wheels for my Wltoys 144001 (Remo P6973 - epic wheels, I recommend, good price too), serviced the rear shocks, picked up a spare hardware set from LC-Racing (nice hex bolts, nuts, etc.). Also swapped out the servo on my 144001 sometime last year, the JX PDI-1181MG servo I had in there finally kicked the bucket, replaced it with another one, no issues.

I finally got around to tearing down and thoroughly cleaning that beaten HBX 16889 I had gotten from a friend - I took the entire suspension apart and cleaned it, as with the chassis, wheels, and driveline. Looks and should run almost like new now, just need a new servo for it. I did actually buy a replacement 5-wire metal gear servo off Ebay to replace the stock burnt out plastic gear servo, but it turns out some numskull decided to make two different 5 wire servo plugs. I thought all 5 wire servos use the same plug, but lo and behold, there are at least two different plug types, one is about 1mm bigger :( Unfortunately, I had already cut the tabs off the servo, so I couldn't return it - takeaway here is to always try/test fit BEFORE you modify! I also Gorilla tape backed the body, and converted it to Velcro instead of body clips.

Got some new LiPos as well, CNHL 2s 1500mAh 100c packs, running great ATM. That's about all the stuff I've done since that I can think of.

Cheers y'all,
Isaac
Edit: I looked, and apparently I've been offline for eight months 😬 anyone still remember me? XD

Welcome back man. @Smilinbri took over the member location map and has been adding people, if you want to update yours.
I thought you said @Sebkauff is?
@The_RC_Dude
I remember you! You look so different now your old and Grey! How's the wife and kids? They must be in college by now.

That last part makes me feel when I had a few guys working under me to have them be my boss a few years later. 🤣😁

Oh I get it, we are just an after thought, like some old toy you find under the bed and think oh yeah, I remember this. Humph. :eek:

Uhhhh, I mean welcome back! 🤣🤣🤣

Oh I get it, we are just an after thought, like some old toy you find under the bed and think oh yeah, I remember this. Humph. :eek:

Uhhhh, I mean welcome back! 🤣🤣🤣
We do have Buzz and Woodie. Maybe we're all in a cardboard box in the attic....

@The_RC_Dude
I remember you! You look so different now your old and Grey! How's the wife and kids? They must be in college by now.

That last part makes me feel when I had a few guys working under me to have them be my boss a few years later. 🤣😁
You're right. I got the names mixed up 😜

Welcome back man. @Smilinbri took over the member location map and has been adding people, if you want to update yours.
Awesome! I was worried that would just die out, I actually can't access my original map for some reason. I was planning to redo it, but apparently that's been taken care of!
@The_RC_Dude

*Hobbles* Why, I remember you too! Back in mah day, we had some great moments 🤣

Great to be back though! So many "old" faces 😂
Thanks man, I see you still got the ever loveable frog PFP 😂
Welcome back!
Thanks! Is that a Corvette C8 in your profile picture? Stingray?
Awesome to see you're back! As they said I made a copy of the Member Location map and have been adding everybody to that. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=16VNdAYThywRP38PdLeEDlXFtXOWU1Js&ll=43.24831264415624,-53.154699900000026&z=3
Here's the map if you want to copy everybody new into the official map.
Epic, thanks! I appreciate you keeping the map alive! Lemme know if you want to keep doing it, or if you want me to instead, I'm perfectly fine with either option. Looks like everything and everyone from the old map is on the new one!

Last edited:
Epic, thanks! I appreciate you keeping the map alive! Lemme know if you want to keep doing it, or if you want me to instead, I'm perfectly fine with either option. Looks like everything and everyone from the old map is on the new one!
Either you can copy the copy, or if there's a way I can give you permissions to edit it I could do that

Either you can copy the copy, or if there's a way I can give you permissions to edit it I could do that
A copy of the copy? 😂 I'll pass, too complicated! I believe that it is possible to allow other people to edit your map. IIRC, you'd press the share button, and then before you hit send, you'll change the permission settings so that anyone with that link can edit. Then DM me the link, I guess. If I'm remembering wrong and you can't share maps and change that setting, I'm a-okay with you taking over the map, as long as you're fine with doing so!

A copy of the copy? 😂 I'll pass, too complicated! I believe that it is possible to allow other people to edit your map. IIRC, you'd press the share button, and then before you hit send, you'll change the permission settings so that anyone with that link can edit. Then DM me the link, I guess. If I'm remembering wrong and you can't share maps and change that setting, I'm a-okay with you taking over the map, as long as you're fine with doing so!
I can't figure out how to change the permissions. I didn't mean to steal it from you haha. So I'll keep trying but for now I can moderate the map. You might want to add the link to your original post.

I can't figure out how to change the permissions. I didn't mean to steal it from you haha. So I'll keep trying but for now I can moderate the map. You might want to add the link to your original post.
Nah you're good! I wasn't that good at routinely updating it, anyways 😂 adding the new link to my OG post right now
Also just realized that your account was created three days after I created mine 😂

Back