12S Kraken VEKTA.5 is here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, they sold it installed as a piece of the car, they should have done better
Yeah, if HW doesn't resolve the problem I would be so pissed. It's not like Kraken doesn't have more ESC's to send out to replace the bad one. I wouldn't have hung up the phone with them til they made it right or hung up on me, in which case I'd be filing a claim with PayPal.

I figger there closed on Monday , I'll wait n see on Tuesday what happens , then I'm calling kraken back if no response

Wow !! 730am this morning Mike king from kraken called me , he's offering a $100 discount on a new ESC , purchased from there site , that eliminates the replacement warranty deal , I'll get the thing for $120 , for a 12s capable ESC that's not bad , but the dam thing should be free ! I'm continuing the process with hobbywing on the faulty ESC , see if they can fix it , then warranty that one if possible , all this cuz the motor wires to the esc don't fit tightly at all , usually you can't get the things out easily, these things are just flopping around in the socket , I'll be administering some persuasion tooling there for sure , FREEEEEEKN exspensive learning curve I guess , DANGIT !! to be polite 🤬🤬😡😡😡

Wow !! 730am this morning Mike king from kraken called me , he's offering a $100 discount on a new ESC , purchased from there site , that eliminates the replacement warranty deal , I'll get the thing for $120 , for a 12s capable ESC that's not bad , but the dam thing should be free ! I'm continuing the process with hobbywing on the faulty ESC , see if they can fix it , then warranty that one if possible , all this cuz the motor wires to the esc don't fit tightly at all , usually you can't get the things out easily, these things are just flopping around in the socket , I'll be administering some persuasion tooling there for sure , FREEEEEEKN exspensive learning curve I guess , DANGIT !! to be polite 🤬🤬😡😡😡
That would not appease me. They should send you a new ESC and let you return the faulty one. Especially considering what you paid for this rig. Stay on them. Let us know when to start the boycott 😉

I was talking with my friend who owns a hobby Town here in Spokane , he said he won't sell or service hobbywing anymore , cuz there's to much variety in versions and surprisingly where there actually made , in his words , there made all over the globe , I don't know bout that , but it sure stirs the FREEKN pot ! Which is prolly another reason these program cards don't work ! What bunch -O- crap !

I was talking with my friend who owns a hobby Town here in Spokane , he said he won't sell or service hobbywing anymore , cuz there's to much variety in versions and surprisingly where there actually made , in his words , there made all over the globe , I don't know bout that , but it sure stirs the FREEKN pot ! Which is prolly another reason these program cards don't work ! What bunch -O- crap !
Well I hope you get this resolved. Such a bummer man.

I'm thinking non I might need to update my programmer? Anybody done this , to a hobbywing program card ?

I'm thinking non I might need to update my programmer? Anybody done this , to a hobbywing program card ?
I don't have any HW programmers, but it's worth a shot. See if there is a firmware update for the ESC maybe as well.

Sorry things got so fouled up, but couldn't help but chuckle, when you said your no longer aloud to buy there. ;)
Soo funny, I can almost imagine the possible course of the conversation. Seen and heard some good ways and bad ways while hanging out at the lhs over the years. Just get a new email and use your kids name and reorder canceled parts, just not sure how to fix your issue with the way its running

😂😂😂😂well I'm glad I could entertain all you yokels !! 😂😂😂😂 But I still have a $450 ESC problem to solve , might have to get on my scooter and just ride down to hobbywing ,prolly one of those buisnesses that don't let people in

I don't understand some of these businesses and the way they treat their customers. RC's are not exactly cheap, you would think they would want to keep you happy and coming back.

OMG I wanna be a yokel when I grow up. :p

Shazaam! Your a Yokel
PSX_20240221_200235.jpg

I don't understand some of these businesses and the way they treat their customers. RC's are not exactly cheap, you would think they would want to keep you happy and coming back.
Yeah it's not like Kraken would be out anything. They are the ones that bought the ESC from HW. It would be their place to get the ESC replaced.

Hey no problem, actually thanks for sharing your story. I can honestly say I know this hobby can and does provoke all our emotions, glad to here it's not just me!
The longer you stick with this hobby, the better the highs and the lows don't seem all that bad and just part of the challenge that makes it fun and irresistible. I'm sure there a fix, hopefully it will be a feeling of accomplishment once you get it.

It seems like they list a new program box called the tunalyzer, or the OTA programmer used with the hobbywing app and cell phone. Either method will work on most hobbywing esc's. The axe crawler esc has the OTR built in and you just use the app to change program or even upload new software.

Last edited:
Back