12S Kraken VEKTA.5 is here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the programmer turn on but it won't connect to the esc? Or will the programmer not turn on at all?

I have an issue with my max10 where the program port went dead randomly so i can't program it and I have to run the fan off of the receiver.

ESC connects to the programmer , seems to work fine , but run it and no change , second battery packs and it has half power , if I brake it goes straight to reverse, no brakes at all , and starts off jerky , this ESC is brand new and it's bad !!

Did you recalibrate it to the remote first? Try that.

Straight into reverse - make sure the running mode is fwd/brk/rev

After you adjust settings and when it gets to the menu where it says save settings, double click ok so it actually saves. Well, it should save.

I have no idea about starting off jerky. Most likely a sensored setup? Make sure the sensor wire / cable is plugged in and the esc is running in full sensor mode.
Still have no idea about half power. Half power could mean its on 50% throttle, or something like low battery voltage or thermal detection.

Weird thing is , all this came about after I put in the brand new 800kv motor , it worked good with the stock motor , but it heated right up just like the vesla motor did

Weird thing is , all this came about after I put in the brand new 800kv motor , it worked good with the stock motor , but it heated right up just like the vesla motor did
are all of your motor wires and esc wires connected correctly? On a sensored setup IT NEEDS TO BE A TO A, B TO B, AND C TO C. Otherwise you will fry the esc or motor.

I talked to Mike king at kraken , this thing with the programer not working is popular , so I'm stuck with the manual way , ,,,,,,,, well,,,,,, there's parts I ain't getn, I see the different categories n stuff but no info on how I get there or how to change stuff , just a chart of how it goes 🥴🥴🥴🥴🤬🤬😡😡🤬

Got no response from programmer or manual method , it was told to contact hobbywing directly by kraken , so now I'm stuck with the hassle of fighting the panel of judges on how my purchase date was back in August, but I didn't get it until November, didn't get it going till February, this otta be real quick n fun ! At this money level I shouldn't be in this mess I M O ,anyways , pretty ridiculous

Nice rig! Way to much tire though, it will get hot fast and be hard to control.
I tried j concepts magmas and it got overgeared and sloppy
You have a Vekta.5 and all you show is the box? :cry:
The Vekta.5 LSE PRO 4x4 gas is my dream car.
Definitely a car with dreaming about!

20230903_161808.jpg

20230830_101918.jpg

I put some mad max giant grip, same height much stiffer but the chew up turf with out effort

Attachments

• 17083654475515447730416546000475.jpg
    17083654475515447730416546000475.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The lse is a kit, no electronics, but I think there are new kits coming out from kraken. The vesla 2wd for sure, but maybe a kit electric version is coming.
Hey, your in luck! They just announced an lse e kit version on pre order status now!
https://shop.krakenrc.com/kraken-vekta-5lse-pro-e-kit-v2/

Unfortunately I don't have $1400 laying around. :(
Ouhps, I don't want to pour gas on the fire but, there's a list of more stuff you'll need.
May gas build is at least doubled in cost since the kit price. Needs motor, esc, radio, servos, not to mention if you have an addiction to metal option parts, they are all available, then you need a couple 6s with high mah and c ratings. Not for guys with light wallets for sure! But they are massive and worth every penny

Ouhps, I don't want to pour gas on the fire but, there's a list of more stuff you'll need.
May gas build is at least doubled in cost since the kit price. Needs motor, esc, radio, servos, not to mention if you have an addiction to metal option parts, they are all available, then you need a couple 6s with high mah and c ratings. Not for guys with light wallets for sure! But they are massive and worth every penny
Thanks bud, I'm not a stranger to building and definitely not a stranger to 1/5 scale. I have built a baja 5b part by part and rebuilt a baja 5b installing a shorty kit.
I know it gets expensive and I also know what it takes as are as parts but I prefer to build it part by part. My custom baja 5b is in the rig of the month contest.
I prefer gas over electric so that's what I will build.

I've built my Xmaxx part by part and my Erevo the say way. Expensive yes but far more enjoyable than to complete a kit in two days.

Last edited:
Got no response from programmer or manual method , it was told to contact hobbywing directly by kraken , so now I'm stuck with the hassle of fighting the panel of judges on how my purchase date was back in August, but I didn't get it until November, didn't get it going till February, this otta be real quick n fun ! At this money level I shouldn't be in this mess I M O ,anyways , pretty ridiculous
Sorry to hear that. Let us know how it turns out so the whole forum can shame Kraken for their terrible customer service 🤬

Back