11 port and nitrous????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson xtr3e

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm still a newbie and a guy at the hobbie shop was showing me his car and told me it was a 11 port engine with fully functional nitrous!!! is this even possible or is he full of poop?

Yes there is an 11 port racing engine out, though I forget who makes it and is in the $500 range, but nitrous?? seems that would really heat things up in a hurry, maybe if he would post some pics or better yet video then I'd believe it, otherwise I'd say he's full of it!

There are nitrous kits out there, but no one on this forum has tried one out as of yet (other than the maker/seller of the product). As a whole, people are pretty skeptical of it true value of function VS cool factor.
It is very possible that he has that setup. Don't let him blow smoke up your a$$, check it out for yourself, and then let us know how it is WITH and WITHOUT nitrous!

Yes i agree with everyone else. There are ways you can do it but i ont know. Also i say like everyone else that you should see if he has it or else he is just blowing smoke.

i asked him to run it for me but he didnt have a radio or fuel. i asked him how fast it was and he said it toped out at 120 mph!!!!!!! i still wont beleive it till i see it. and btw he did saw the engine copt $520 and the tanks has nos painted on them professionally

the guy at my lhs has a rs4 with nos on it . it worked and it also blew a hole the size of a 25cent piece in the bottom of his block, right in front of me. to risky.:flamer:

you can really only go so far with a freakin 3cc engine... these nos companys should be aiming at the gas scooter market... or mabe the real big r/c cars...stuff with sparkplugs...

the real deal with these smaller engines would be a "watered down" version of nitrosoxide

something like coleman camping fuel in a pressurized can would woop some serious booty!!

all hail high octane :worship:

Originally posted by gibson xtr3e
i asked him to run it for me but he didnt have a radio or fuel. i asked him how fast it was and he said it toped out at 120 mph!!!!!!! i still wont beleive it till i see it. and btw he did saw the engine copt $520 and the tanks has nos painted on them professionally

Sounds like bench top racing to me.

Actually the nitrous kits I am producing (I am the owner of JAG RC) are injecting real nitrous, not watered down. We have shipped about 20 kits but as of now we are back ordered. We have heard nothing but great reports back from our customers.

there are nitros kits out for these cars that are 11.99 at racers edge. ( boost bottles and nos are the same):w00t:

Originally posted by skyline1999gtr
there are nitros kits out for these cars that are 11.99 at racers edge. ( boost bottles and nos are the same):w00t:

I am sorry, but boost bottles and nitrous are NOT the same. A boost bottle is an auxilary chamber in which unspent fuel goes from the carb when letting off the gas. Its results are questionable at best.

Originally posted by gibson xtr3e

HA HA HA HA HA,

120MPH...on what phucking planet?? I'd almost fly to the town where this LHS is located to tell him to his face that he's full of chit. The only 11 Nitro engine that I'm aware of @ this point is the Sirio .27XL Pro, I'm staring at one as I type (did a trade with a friend). I don't care if his engine was Mod'd by EBmods (supposedly one of the best) and cost $1000.

Even if this car was capable of 120MPH (NOT) he'd have to have a custom 5+ speed tranny with the highest gearing know to man. He could have a shot of NOS that would blow that engine after five drap runs but it's still not going to give his truck that kind of shifting top end gear ratios (like a real car...you don't going to top out a Ferarri in 3rd gear..lol) that he'd need to get anywhere near 120mph.

As for people interested in NOS in general. As somone with an engineering degree, until I c some serious proof of proper R&D I say stay away and BEWARE. If you want sick power then get a good big bore and have it properly mod'd. We're going to be drag racing my buddies Maxx with a EBMods Picco .26 against a Picco .26 with a Supercharger next week. The Picco .26 is insanely fast and I'm considering selling my new Sirio .27XL Pro on e-bay to buy one for my Maxx drag racing project.

Peace

i agree with 30%, but just so you know, there are plenty of 11ports out there, RB Concepts has 3 of them.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
i agree with 30%, but just so you know, there are plenty of 11ports out there, RB Concepts has 3 of them.

Thanks for letting us know bro. I'm very impressed with the RB's that I've seen so far. THey aren't cheap but what good engines are now-a-days.

Peace

I am sorry, but boost bottles and nitrous are NOT the same. A boost bottle is an auxilary chamber in which unspent fuel goes from the carb when letting off the gas. Its results are questionable at best.
thanks buttt i ment they both give you power :cheers: :banana: :doh:

a boost bottle does NOT increase power in any way. it is just a chamber for spent fuel. The theory is that this will decrease bogging when on throttle power is applied, however, it is unlikely the performance benifit is anything.

a boost bottle does NOT increase power in any way. it is just a chamber for spent fuel. The theory is that this will decrease bogging when on throttle power is applied, however, it is unlikely the performance benifit is anything.

I totally agree with this. I've used tons of Boost bottle over the years in various engines with no noticable increase in anything. They might do something on a real large engine but not on a .27 or less. I think boost bottles are one of the biggest hop up jokes on the planet.

Peace

If I'm not mistaken isnt the sirio .27 an 11 port? if it is it certainly doesn't cost $500 dollars. or are u talkin about an 11 port SMALL block? as for nitrous, its stupid to get, within a couple bottles u will be replacing the piston and sleeve, u can get plenty of power and speed through the way the motor is meant to be ran. unless ur a crazy mofo. :banana: