Problem with my Suncon RC Formula-1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirko29497

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm from Italy and i'm new on the forum!

I make this first topic to say an urgent help. I have buy, some day ago, a Suncon RC Formula-1 on used marketplace. It's was my favourite RC car when i was child and i was in love with it. Saw it again after 24 years is very emotional for me, so i have bought it immediatly.

Unfortunaly the metal connectors in the batteries vain was full of corrosion because was forget the old batteries installed.

I'm not know nothing in the elettronic and i have some difficult to weld something but i'm to be able to put the new metal connectors and a new power button (was it also corroted). Switching on, the car worked but no very good (to take a command, the antenna of the remote radio must be near the circuit elettric) : the anterior wheels are steering very random moment, doing micro movements, and they answer it very late to receive the command from the radio remote. Unfortunatly the car don't go ahead or back, so i had open the engine vain's and i have find a engine capacitor's exploded. With a multimeter i have try to see a voltage on the elettric circuit (i tryed to understand something with my some eletronic knowledge), but i have immediatly see smoke coming out (i had forget to put the power swith in OFF). After this, also the steer wheels not works.

After this, i have started to measure every single "pointed circuit parte" with the multimeter putting a multimeter wire on the central of the power switch and the other on every part of the circuit elettric. Everywhere i see 10/11 volts (the car mont 8 batteries AA), but in a point (on the yellow wire point, near the blue cable on the left of the circuit) where is a diode leg, the multimeter show me 0.08 volt.

What can be the problem and his solution ? I care a lot of this car...

Thank you so much!

IMG-20231129-WA0039.jpeg

20231029_220056_resized.jpg

20231102_164115.jpg

20231029_220056.jpg

Thats considered a Toy . you can try a electrical corrosion cleaner .but you might want to upgrade to what we use in Model RC medullar components. it would take some time on your part and would make it more reliable than what you have now. Id also take a can of keyboard air to that outside and blow all that unwanted corrosion away..
So sorry to be Negative on your 20 year dream but this might end up what we call a Shelf Queen I have several myself they sit in my main room in my house on a shelf due to no more parts can be found and get dusted 3x a year
you can take another chance a look for a donor parts car look hard in the Net for a schematic for the cars electronics but Id stop probing around with a volt meter most circuit boards have marked test points on them

Found this one on Ebay ask question on if it runs can I see better pictures of battery tray so on Best of luck
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2754014595...044&customid=48452172cb9a1923fc1b441b07a80893

Last edited:
Questo è considerato un giocattolo. puoi provare un detergente per la corrosione elettrica, ma potresti voler passare a quello che utilizziamo nei componenti midollari del modello RC. ci vorrebbe del tempo da parte tua e lo renderebbe più affidabile di quello che hai adesso. Porterei anche una bomboletta d'aria per tastiera all'esterno e soffierei via tutta quella corrosione indesiderata..
Mi dispiace tanto essere negativo sul tuo sogno di 20 anni, ma questo potrebbe finire per diventare ciò che chiamiamo Shelf Queen. Ne ho diversi anch'io, si siedono nella mia stanza principale a casa mia su uno scaffale perché non si trovano più parti e vengono spolverati 3 volte a anno
puoi dare un'altra possibilità e cercare un'auto con parti di ricambio, cercare attentamente in Rete uno schema per l'elettronica dell'auto, ma smetterei di sondare con un voltmetro, la maggior parte dei circuiti stampati ha dei punti di prova contrassegnati su di essi

Ho trovato questo su Ebay, fai una domanda se funziona, posso vedere immagini migliori del vano batteria, quindi in bocca al lupo
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275401459594?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338590836&toolid=10044&customid=48452172cb9a1923fc1b441b07a8089 3
Thanks so much, i have ask yet for this articles but i don't have response...

Back