Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I dont know which mills they will work on except for the .21 bb and the Picco .26. Those are the only 2 I can confirm at this point.

And yes, that is the Picco mill, NOT mounted since the head sits too high. But they have already release a new cage that will fix this issue. So I will be waiting about a week or so and then not have to modify the head. I will prob make some heavier mounts that accept larger bolts being that the channel cuts are a little too big for my liking.

Gee, I just had a thought. Are you guys gonna run bodies on these things? And if so, what bodies will fit? Will you have to butcher them to get them on?

Çh®i§tiªñ and FastEddy Your trucks RULE !!!! The deserve 2:thumbsup:. Those things are going to be awsome when there complete.I really like your gastank Çh®i§tiªñ.how heavy are those roll cages ?Good Job to both of you !!!

Christian- the only thing i see that makes me shudder a bit is that purple head. It looks out of place with the brushed steel and blue ano. I know that it is nit-picky, but with the rest of the truck looking so bitchin....it just stands out a bit.

Yeah i does look abit out of place,But that engine is a killer !!!Those trucks got to weigh a bit !!!:nuke:

I dont have weight on the individual components, or on the whole truck for that part. And because of the delay on the new cage I wont be able to tell you for another week or so. Unfortunately this project is going to be on hold for a few days. In the meantime I will be putting a new mill in the Savage (and some other goodies!)

As far as the purple head, yes, you are right, its out of place. I did consider stripping the anno off of everything to get that 'industrial' look like Eddy has going. What do you guys think? At bare minimum, the head will get stripped.

I also found out that unless I mount my battery box elsewhere, the dynamite one will not work. Reason being, the stock box, and most aftermarket ones, have an 'L' cut on the corner. It is required to have that same L cut on this kit because of the side rails on the cage itself. So I'm looking as to where I could mount it or for a replacement. The HCR ones are so damn expensive! And the brushed alum, non ano, are on backorder anyhow.

The bodies wont require as much modding as you would think. And because of the cage design, even if you cut the whole bed out, it will be support VERY well by the cage. I am however considerring an Escalade body for show.

I think you should strip the anodizing off of the cooling head.(make it match with the brushed effect).Man you don't need a body with those trucks !! It will get magled by the metal.Plus it loos SWEET without bodies !!

WOW and that can hold up like 300lbs !!Man its got to be in the design and the brackets holding it..How is it attached to the chassis ??

4 posts go through the chassis itself which are a perfect fit, and secured with body clips. Then there are a total of 8 bolts that run through the bulkheads and right into the bulkhead braces. When I tell you this thing is rock solid, its ROCK SOLID!

Cool.Sounds like its not going anywhere anytime soon.Does it only come in brushed ?Or does it come anodized too ?Thats the Nicest rollcage i've ever seen for the t-maxx !!!

I only know of it coming in semi-brushed. Maybe they have anno coming soon. Maybe......

Well anyways those trucks are looking mighty fine...

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
The HCR ones are so damn expensive! And the brushed alum, non ano, are on backorder anyhow.

Scotch brite pad (red) will take the anodizing off and give it the brushed look you want. Damon at HCR told me this trick as it is what they use. The best part no nasty chemicals.

The guys at RC-Solutions are AWESOME.
I had a chance to talk with Scott on the phone today and see that they are totally committed to making there products the best on the market.

I found an issue using the Proline servo saver with the Cyber-Maxx kit. When the servo saver is installed the post that the adjustment screw is on for the SS sits flush against the edge of one of the fuel tank mounting holes. This will not allow a screw to be used in this hole. It looks like I may need to mod the servo saver or come up with a different way to mount the tank.

This is what makes this hobby fun.:yes:

cyber14.jpg

Last edited:
After looking at this issue several times and scratching my :censored:s, the answer came to me.

Countersink the tank screw :trout: KISS.

Last edited:
And I thought it was just your chassis!!!!

I already had mine countersunk which is why I didnt experience the same issue. Just make sure you put the steering kit in place, before your tank.

Its the other way around.
I will have to install the tank first so I can get the screw in, then when I install the servo saver post it will cover part of the countersunk tank screw.:clap:

Cyber-Maxx

Hey, try putting the servo saver on the other side, nearest the servo, like stock.

Scott
RC-Solutions

Back