Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thatll look SWEET I have never seen yellow a-arms. Please post pics as soon as possible at least until I get my next paycheck I can hop-up vicariously (sp?) through you.:bow:

I made a choice on shocks today. With my love of the Losi products I purchased the Losi Pro T-Maxx shocks. I will do a full review on the shocks.

I am now searching for the ultimate Diffs. With a .21 I'm sure don't want to blow these puppies out. I have used the RRP gears in the past and am fond of them. I believe I will need to take it one step further. I have blown out cups in the past.

The product I have found is by www.kippster-racing.com they offer a kit that included an aluminum cup and 3mm screws. The kit also includes RRP gears and I believe new spider gears.

I sent an e-mail to them to see if they are interested in helping with our project.

I would like some feedback on Diff cases. I destroyed a set of Dynamite cases and would like to try another brand.

-Ed

Hehehe will do. I'm dying them this weekend. Finally got someone to bring an old pot into work that I can trash on not worry about it. I've only seen one other set of yellow A Arms and they looked pretty sweet.

Here is a link to my old style maxx done up with blue and yellow. This will give you an idea. A few of these parts are moving over to the new one.

http://community.webshots.com/album/41451683eARkKO

Eddy - GREAT! I just built my Dynamite cased diffs. Had I known they go to crap I would have gotten something else. DANG! DANG DANG!

Let me know on the diffs. Kippster kicks ass in diffs!

Here is a shot of my Dynamite Diff after blowing a cup.
Is it the fault of the diff case :nope: Is it easier to blame it on the diff case :yes:

I'm sure you will be just fine using them just make sure you shim everything just right.

FYI What happened is the pin from the spider gears wore a grove in the cup slot. This caused the screws to sheer off and the diff locked up. Of course this type of thing will only happen during the A-Main.

diff.jpg

what about kipster cups with RRP spiders?

I don't want to de-rail this awsome topic, but I'd like a small side-bar if possible.

What's the best method to un-anodize your aluminum pieces? The words "wirebrush" and "dremel" come to mind, but these seem kind of harsh. I read something about commercial strength oven cleaner removing ano, but I didn't want to try anything and end up with ugly.

By the way, I too will be glued to this thread. :D Cool projects guys!

Originally posted by NoviceRob
I don't want to de-rail this awsome topic, but I'd like a small side-bar if possible.

Ok then post a new thread lol

I have heard of people using oven cleaner and a brush. No idea how well it works though. Just remember, any steel brush, dremel or not, will more than likely marr the alum..

Yellow Can easy off.

Make sure you post alot of pics Chris:OT:

I used easy off on some purple bumpers

Ok back to the topic at hand!

Today the kit came in and BLING! :bling: !!! I can't wait to get the ball rolling! I picked up a new throttle/brake servo (HiTec), MIP 2.5 width CVD's, fuel line, new stock size RRP spur ring, clutch nut to fit the Picco .26, 2.5 size Lunnsford Ti Turnbuckles, new Sullivan fuel filter, new OFNA failsafe (this thing is TINY!) and a bunch of small parts.

The ONLY part I dont have my hands on to complete this kit is the THS exhaust. I may just go with an RD Logics! :thumbsup:

Other than that, she is ready to get to gettin!

Today I got RPM 2.5 Arms, Lunnsford Turnbuckles and hinge-pins, Proline servo saver, RRP double slipper, RRP spur gear and some misc other parts. can't stand that you got your conversion kit before I did. Lucky dog.

And the project is now in full swing.:cheers:

:stick: And I'm not sending you yours until I'm completely done with mine! lolol

Juz kiddin!

The only thing I havent decided on is as to whether or not I wanted to put in an entirely different screw set so I can use the blue offset washers..... Ahh screw it, I can't wait that long.

As of right now it doesn't appear that I am going to be able to use the Picco .26. While yes it has the same bolt pattern as an O.S. and the mounts work fine, the mill sits to high and hits the rollcage itself when mounted. It may be possible for me to just make a new set of mounts and get the height I need but I'm not sure yet.

Pics to follow.

I'm off to the LHS today.
Does the kit come with a screw set or do I need to get one. Remember I'm starting from scratch over here.

What do you think of the spring steel skid plates?:D
Have you tried to bend one yet?

Comes with a lot of screws but I'm certain not 100% to replace what you will need. At least I think......

Those springs steel skids are AWESOME! I can't believe how light they are to boot!

Ill pick up a set of screws today.

I believe the spring steel skids will eventually take the market over aluminum and TI. They keep their shape and do what they are supposed to.

Now we need to talk them into making a trany an servo skid.

PICS!!!, PICS!!!, PICS!!! Need to see this in a step by step kind a way. Show off all those goodies!!!:bow:

Uploading shortly :)

Trying to find a replacement head for the Picco .26. Any suggestions? It needs to be shorter but have the same fin count. I'm wondering if MSJ has one that will fit.

The only one that I now of right off hand is the Nova head, but that is way bigger.

Hopefully a buddy of mine will be able to mill one for me tonight. I'm going to go over there after my wifes gig. He will have to machine me some custom mounts too.

I will keep you posted.

Back