Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Uploading shortly :)

Trying to find a replacement head for the Picco .26. Any suggestions? It needs to be shorter but have the same fin count. I'm wondering if MSJ has one that will fit.
Maybe this???? LINK

I'm going to have to call them up to confirm the fit. Those look damn good! Thanks for the link.

Update so far:

Everything has assemble great except for the bulkheads. I may have to offset one of the screw holes by about 1/2mm. Aside from that, everything else has mounted up fine.

There are no countersunk holes at all so the idea would be to either replace all mounting screws with button heads, or, countersink them before assembly.

Lastly, under the radio box, the chassis is cut open. Does not help if you have a dynamite box (doesn't have a base) so I will more than likely use the base from the stock and make it work hehe....

Thats about it for now.

I'm still at a stand still because I am DETERMINED to make this Pico .26 Outlaw fit.

*****UPDATE*****

Picked up a carbide countersink bit and plan on hitting it with the drill press today. Is it safe to say that almos all of the countersink angles are at 82 degrees?

Also, Eddy, here is an alternative to Kippster diff cups:
http://www.maximizerproducts.com/Diffs.html

Comes with a gear too! Check it out and let me know.

Aside from that, I still have not gone to my buddies house to try milling out new mounts and a new head. Just havent had the time. Hope to get it done this week. Dang phone switch migration this weekend coming up. The prep work sucks!

Took a look at the dif cup and have some reservations.

The key to the Kippster cup is the spider gear pin goes through the cup and threads in so the gears are in a fixed position.

The weakness in the stock cup is the pin can travel in the slides and enlarge the groove. on several occasions I have also had the ears in the pin groove brake off.

I believe that the aluminum replacement cups that you pointed out will do the same. The spider gear pin is harder than the aluminum. I believe they are better than the stock units but not as bulletproof as the Kippsters.

Some shots of the front suspension and the chassis.
At this point I am just fitting parts and checking things out.

cyber1.jpg

cyber2.jpg

cyber3.jpg

cyber4.jpg

cyber5.jpg

cyber6.jpg

cyber7.jpg

Are you going to countersink any of the holes?

How many have you had to drill for fitting? Were your bulks off by 1/2mm or so?

My tank one is a hair tight too but workable. I have that alum tank as well which I question the 'dead on' factor of the posts.

I have only used 4 chassis holes so far. I had to get the roto tool out and elongate both of the rear mounting holes for the front bulkhead.

I had to modify the shock mount offsets as well. They were designed for the Traxxas stock or BB shocks. I choose to use the Losi shocks. The top mounting holes on the losi shocks are larger than the Traxxas and use a plastic insert. I had to cut the mounting tips off the standoffs and modify the Losi plastic inserts.

All and all not that bad. Maybe 10 Minutes of extra work so far.

Those are some sweet pics so far. :thumbsup: By the time this project is done this thing will be bulletpoof. :) How long do you think you will be before you start breaking in the engine?

Its going to take me a while to get everything that I need to get up and going. The difficult part is having to sit around while parts are in the mail.

I have to chime in and say it looks very nice. I can't wait to see Christian's homemade head and engine mounts. Fabrication is just cool. It's like a mini Monster Garage. Keep up the good work guys. :worship:

Originally posted by FastEddy
I have only used 4 chassis holes so far. I had to get the roto tool out and elongate both of the rear mounting holes for the front bulkhead.

I had to modify the shock mount offsets as well. They were designed for the Traxxas stock or BB shocks. I choose to use the Losi shocks. The top mounting holes on the losi shocks are larger than the Traxxas and use a plastic insert. I had to cut the mounting tips off the standoffs and modify the Losi plastic inserts.

All and all not that bad. Maybe 10 Minutes of extra work so far.

Pretty good for a one-armed bandit:D

Originally posted by RaCinJason399
Thats sweet! How much is this costing you guys?

If I kept track I would have to stop!

Last edited:
you know what I could do for $1500-2000...I could have intake, headers exhaust, tein springs 2.4inch drop. 2 12" subs, door speakers, rear speakers, dynomated

Jesus, you old guys and your money

*****UPDATE*****

Countersunk tank, bulkhead and rx screw holes. Just the way I like it now. And just had to bring back 4 of the 8 bulkhead holes about 1/2 mm. No big deal.

This is what I find so damn amazing about this kit so far:
Once you get the bulks, ladder braces, skids, chassis and roll cage put togeter, IT IS LIKE A TANK!!! Holy AWESOME!!! The cage FIT LIKE A GLOVE onto the chassis and gets bolted to the bulkheads with 8 screws. Those screws go right into the bulkhead braces (which are also complete BEEF!).

The cage, at first, seemed like it might be flimsy. Damn was I COMPLETELY WRONG! Once this got bolted up, and all the braces screwed in, I was just flat out amazed!

I sized everything up and will not need custom motor mounts. I will need it at the height the OS mounts place the Picco .26. I will however HAVE TO have a custom head made this week. I have to drop almost 4 stock .26 fins down, but, can definately blow it open on the width to make up for it. The Goal is going to be the same amount of cooling space. 6 bolt pattern too! DOH!

So the work is on.........

Just wanted to share.

Last edited:
How about some pictures of this work in progress? I am extremely curious to see it.

Quit teasing us ya bastards...post some pictures for us po folks to look at. :wedgie:

I hear that! Po Folk all the way here. 2 grand JEEEEZ!

Christian, who is making the custom head for you? Does your buddy have a lathe or something? or you gonna have to pay through the nose for some company like King Heads to make you up one?

Back