Project CyberMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by NCNitro
Go to page three, you will see Eddy's in progress. It helps to read the entire thread. ;)

Thanks smart ass. I've already read the thread. My desire for pics were specifically of Christian's. I have already viewed Eddy's several times.

I read the entire thread NC. Has Chris posted any pics of his progress? They get everybody all hot and bothered and don't deliver....kinda like my 10th grade girl friend.

Originally posted by NCNitro
Go to page three, you will see Eddy's in progress. It helps to read the entire thread. ;)

That sounds a little too much like someone over at the Traxxas board. Ease up.:llama:

I PROMISE I will have some pics up tonight! I left my digi cam at work yesterday and after I got everything pre-fit was too tired to drive back. HOWEVER, I have it now and will get the pics FIRST THING when I get home.

Man, I cannot tell you enough how much I am impressed by this thing so far!

-Chris

Put a little bench tome in this-morning.
Installed the MIP bones, aluminum pillow balls and the steering blocks. Later on I will put the ProLine servo saver steering kit on.

At this time I am only fitting parts. Once I have everything as I want it I will take everything apart. At that point I will countersink the screws, polish and clean the parts that need it and lock-tight everything.

Today I ordered the Kippster diff kits and hope to have them next week.

I don't think Chris is actually building his kit. Hes just talking big.:D

Chris,
Are you doing a conversion on your existing Maxx rather than a ground up like me?

cyber8.jpg

cyber9.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by FastEddy

I don't think Chris is actually building his kit. Hes just talking big.:D
[/IMG]

That was my thought exactly....glad you had the :censored: to finally say it. I think this will prove once and for all that Chris is a complete sham...He probably doesn't even exist..except in WoodiE's mind. I think WoodiE invented him, kind of like fight club.

Originally posted by nitro dave
I think WoodiE invented him, kind of like fight club.

LMAO

You sure pegged the two personalities on the nose.

Last edited:
LOL! Thanks A Lot! Now I feel the Love.......

Anyhow, yes Eddy, mine is a 'ground-up'. The ONLY part as of right now that will be left stock is the tranny case. EVERYTHING else is some 'other' company hehehe But If I get the balls to buy the HCR FOC tranny case today that may change. I'm just really hellbent on not spending that kind of money on a gearbox!

Pics tonight!

I was looking at that as well but $165.00 for a trany case is the last thing on my list.

I just busted $150.00 on diffs. not including the cases8-0

rc trix has aluminum tranny cases that were a lot cheaper than the HCR ones. Don't know about quality though, just saw it somewhere. www.rctrix.com

Ran into a few issues today.
1- The spring steel skids are the poop. Thin and strong as hell. The thin part is causing an issue with the tapped screws. When fitting aluminum parts to the skid the taper of the screws bottom out on to th part and allow play. The fix was to create a small bevel in the part being screwed into to accommodate the bevel on the screw. These bevels need to be made in every part that attach to the skid plates.
Bulkheads, steering bells, and ladder bars.

2- miss-aligned holes in the chassis for the steering posts.

cyber10.jpg

ProLine Servo Saver.
cyber11.jpg

cyber12.jpg

cyber13.jpg

Originally posted by FastEddy
Ran into a few issues today.
1- The spring steel skids are the poop. Thin and strong as hell. The thin part is causing an issue with the tapped screws. When fitting aluminum parts to the skid the taper of the screws bottom out on to th part and allow play. The fix was to create a small bevel in the part being screwed into to accommodate the bevel on the screw. These bevels need to be made in every part that attach to the skid plates.
Bulkheads, steering bells, and ladder bars.

2- miss-aligned holes in the chassis for the steering posts.

you own...isn't working on your own stuff awesome? so when you get it together are you just gonna look at it or bash it like there's no tomorrow?

off topic: I got the part I need to sell my OFNA nitro ob4...i'm gonna ebay both cars this weekend..woowoo..hopefully I can get a savage (did I just say that?) in a few weeks

My steering post holes were fine today. However, I did run into the issue of screws bottoming out because there was no more thread on the bulkheads or the ladder braces. So I'm just going to pick up some 8mm screws tomorrow.

And for the record, TRAXXAS SCREWS ARE poop! I dont know why I even bothered! I snapped one off inside my ladder brace today! Cheap!

Pics are being uploaded now......

I refuse to use standard or phillips head screws on any of my RCs.
My LHS had a set of Racers Edge screws for $20.00 or so. They seem to be good quality.

Chris,
Will there be enough room for a double brake setup in front of the trany or will I have to mod the chassis?
I haven't had a chance to look yet.

I will bash the living hell out of it. I don't believe in just looking at my toys, I use and abuse them.

Last edited:
Yeah the bulk of mine are the black racers edge screws. They are good. I did however notice that they (rc-solutions) gives you a bunch of screws for mounting your gear too!

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=9&cat=500&thumb=1

There are my pics so far.

As you can see, there is enough room for the Picco with the header and pipe by THS. I just need to do something either about the head or the cage itself. The good news is, RC-Solutions has already produced a bigger cage for the bigger mills! :w00t: These guys really have it together!

Nice pics Chris. can't wait to see the finished project.

Sweet looking pics Chris. :thumbsup: What is that roto start? What does it do? Is that like a bump start?

You bolt the backplate on where the pullstart would go, and then use what looks like a drill to start it. NO MORE BLISTERS! hehehehe

All metal gears too!

What engines do they make the backplates for, and will they work on our Cyber-Maxx?

Back