--Killers Axial SCX10 Dingo Pic/Build Thread--

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a totally enjoyable build. The only problem I had was all those parts prevented me from reading Beetle Bailey.

That looks like a totally enjoyable build. The only problem I had was all those parts prevented me from reading Beetle Bailey.

Thanks Ralph, I really am enjoying building or re-builind rigs as I do more and more of them, totally facinating stuff.

------------------------------------------

Okay so I took her on the maiden voyage, but had planned on a video first time around then pics on my 2nd run around. Well at the end of the 1st run I think my pinion came loose and slipped off, and I didnt have any tools on me.

So stay tuned for a video :D

Okay, the video is uploading to YouTube now, should be up before I go to bed, I am excited! This will be my best quality video made, and in HD! :D

For now, here are some pics from my latest trailhead adventure, I have never scaled this trail with RC before but I must say it was AWESOME!
P1070653.jpg

P1070654.jpg

P1070655.jpg

P1070657.jpg

P1070658.jpg

P1070659.jpg

This is how straight down the trail start is after you get up about 300 yards or so..
P1070660.jpg

Fire Danger is Low today :hehe:
P1070661.jpg

Wow, where did you find that huge smokey the bear sign, your jeep looks tiny sitting under it.:hehe:

They have 3 that I know of just within 100 miles of my hometown lol! Yeah I figured the Jeep can help Smokey spread the word about fire danger lol!

And I just realized the 3rd to shot is funky, the side of the lid covers over my RC4WD slider....

No HD because I didnt have permanent audio storage to be read on the .wmv to convert back to MPEG4 then to HD. BUT it will do and I like it!! Enjoy
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btV7OCFXIkE"]Mtn RC Scaler Pt1 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Great Vid....Looks like your rig is doing a good job!!

NICE VID!!! Good soundtrack too, istn that HIM? i also like at 1:22 when the truck goes down...me like it!!! lol

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Yeah it is HIM, my all time favorite band for sure :D. The hardest part of the entire video editing, was picking the music. I must of watched the film 10 times all with differant songs lol.

Glad yall liked it, because there is going to be MANY more lol now that I have a GoPro :D

Nice vid and build man! Makes me wanna build a new scaler for sure.

Great video man! Took it to another level with this build! Good job!

Nice vid and build man! Makes me wanna build a new scaler for sure.

Thanks Lloyd! I think you should, just because the season is apon us and have never seen you without a scaler or crawler lol!

----------------

Thanks guys for all the kind words!

Okay, one small issue I'm having, is when I turn full left, it turns fine, when I go hard right, it either binds somewhere or it 'browns' out. Is this just the setting on my tx making the servo throw out farther than it can take?
----

When I turn my rig upside down it sounds and feels like the axle gears chattering but when I set it on the gound, it rolls fine. What could cause this?

Thanks guys, its been fun as hell so far! I have a couple fixes I spose, and need to straighten my steering link, hit a rock pretty square on haha. can't wait to drop some more $$$ into this!

Bust out the crawler man I wanna see HPI!!

Very nice video and pics, that go pro is sweet, can't wait to see part 2...

Ok folks, part 2 is in the mix :D I'm stoked!!

Last edited:
And here we go, Part 2 is fresh for you guys!

ENJOY!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1hXZCfNVQ&context=C4779521ADvjVQa1PpcFPlPLrklZh4RK5pDWxWUkRSMuKHNLXkUQE="]Mtn RC Scaler Pt2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: