--Killers Axial SCX10 Dingo Pic/Build Thread--

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I love building them because I know whats coming when its done! This is actually my 2nd SCX10 kit, and my one XR10 kit, and Axial has made the instructions good enough for a handicap kid, and thats why I do well :D

Coming along very nice, in the future I'd do the under/overdrive gears with aftermarket one piece steel lockers, I have actually blown up a couple of the iron cross lockers, of course that was on my comp rig so you might be OK in a scaler, but the gears would give you tighter turning and make it climb better IMO, at least it did on my comp rig.

Coming along very nice, in the future I'd do the under/overdrive gears with aftermarket one piece steel lockers, I have actually blown up a couple of the iron cross lockers, of course that was on my comp rig so you might be OK in a scaler, but the gears would give you tighter turning and make it climb better IMO, at least it did on my comp rig.

This is actually going to be one of my first upgrades, I geared out my AX10 but went no farther than that. I want to completly bomb proof my axles
------------------------------
5am start time on the kit, see how far I get today. Pictures soon.

Last edited:
Oh, my god! Almost 7 straight hours into this thing and I feel or incoherant to the world I was in a builders hypnosis! Shwew, I will get pics up as soon as I return from town.

Big jump in progress lol..

You need to get yourself a cowrc pit mat... just saying. :D

Over 7 hours of building and I still have to use my imagination...WTF!!!!

You need to get yourself a cowrc pit mat... just saying. :D

Totally aggreed haha, Everytime I drop hardware I always listen to the pattern of bounce on the floor to see if its even possible to recover it, most times, I never locate. Thankfully after building 3 of these Axial kits, I have accumulated PLENTY of spare hardware lol. *hint hint* win me a mat Woodie :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay okay, I was going to post pics up yesterday but my boss decided to change my schedual without proper notice, but here is how she sits thus far.

MIP Shaft assembly
P1070606.jpg

P1070607.jpg

P1070610.jpg

P1070611.jpg

P1070612.jpg

P1070612.jpg

I ran out of red loc-tite so I used blue, haha kidding NEVER use RED!
P1070613.jpg

P1070614.jpg

P1070615.jpg

P1070617.jpg

All done with the MIPS
P1070618.jpg

Shock Assembly
P1070619.jpg

P1070620.jpg

P1070621.jpg

P1070622.jpg

Modified the rear axle a tad, since I dont plan on using 4WS I dremel/sanded the arms off the pumpkins.
P1070625.jpg

P1070626.jpg

Complete Axle/Link/Suspension Assembly
P1070627.jpg

Camera died as I started the tranny build, so heres all I have of it, pretty simple to the average kit noob.
P1070628.jpg

Time for a motor and gear assembly
P1070629.jpg

P1070632.jpg

If your going to use MIP shafts with Axials new tranny cover addition, you are going to have to dremel out the plastic housing to fir the fat head of the yolk and dremel the back plate and covers edge to make room for the grun screw.
P1070631.jpg

P1070635.jpg

P1070633.jpg

Servo bolt up.
P1070634.jpg

And the end of the build day YESTERDAY, is the chassis assembly, this is where I get excited, because it starts taking shape from here on out.

RC4WD bumpers/sliders installed.
P1070636.jpg

P1070637.jpg

P1070638.jpg

More to come as the day progresses.

I got her all bolted up and am now spraying my lid for her, ooohhh man I'm so excited! So close to the end.

So far.
P1070640.jpg

P1070641.jpg

P1070642.jpg

P1070644.jpg

Double side taped the power cable to the fins.
P1070645.jpg

P1070646.jpg

Thanks, I got her painted, and I THINK I did alright on it lol, I like it alot actually.
P1070651.jpg

P1070652.jpg

More tomorrow, I am beat and its bed time.

thanks my friend, it will be alive tomorrrow morning. now all I need is my aloy wheels and my pitbulls

Last edited:
thanks my friend, it will be alive tomorrrow morning. now all I need is my aloy wheels and my pitbulls

want to go in half on a third set of pit bulls so we could both have a matching spare?

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Oh that would be sweet, and yeah that would be really badass. Give me until Thursday (payday) if you can hold out, or you can get them and ill send you half when I get the fundage :D. Great idea thanks for asking Curtis :D.

-----------------------------------

Okay a few things:

I forgot to break in my motor via cup-o-water, is it vital for me to break in this motor, I really dont wanna drop my tranny to get the tranny case off but I will if its needed.

My headlights are a clip in stile unit, but need some sort of apoxy or silicone to hold/seal them in, what do you guys suggest? Preferably nothing HARD dried, I dont wanna have it bust out with paint, headlight and all...

I gotta wait till payday myself, as for the motor break in it is not totally needed, for break in you could just run it with the wheels off the ground at half throttle for like 10 minutes to get the brushes seated. I personally have never broke a motor in using the water method in over 25 years of playing with rc's.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Its taken 4 hours to solder 2 packs and the esc/motor, because of a lousy iron.... God I need a new one badly, but just touching up, will post pics soon.

If all works right, tomorrow will be a trail run with a GoPro rolling, I'm so excited!