Inerbeecrew IROCK Crawler Project...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImBroken said:
It adds up quick... lol That chassis kit is a tad expensive, at $479, but it comes with basically everything you need as far as the chassis goes. Most kits dont include bumpers, servo mounts, link mounts, optional dual wheel steering...etc
The ESC's run about $90 - $155.
The batteries run about $30 a piece.
Rims/Tires, same as Nitro MT's, unless you go for the Al. Beadlocks at about $200 a set.
Stock clod axles on Ebay, around $70
Then you have diff lockers, bearings, wires, plugs, shocks, motors, pinions... etc..
As you can see, it can get expensive real fast.. Alot of guys build there own chassis, 4 link & bumpers.. Save alot of cash right there..

If you dont get my crawler going fast.... i will forward this post over to the misses.... LOL

Looking tight man! I'm just waiting for esc to come in and mine is done!

I've been slackin this past week, waiting on some black hardware... I will be working on it this weekend though..

After seeing this chassis I decided that this will be my winter project. Make sure you keep a list of mistakes so I don't repeat them.:p:

These crawlers just seem to get better and better.
Keep up the good work and more pics please.

FastEddy said:
After seeing this chassis I decided that this will be my winter project.

Friggin great!!

I build mine when you do damn it!

I don't want to, but feel the need to.

eddy make sure it doesn't end up like the chris craft.. lol

that is a SWEET lookin chassis... i like the "STICK" chassis.. u also get a AWSOME amount of articulation. looks like u will have a SWEET crawler. can't wait to see it FINISHED!!

I guess if i'm gonna build one, I will have to learn how to spell artickyoulayshun.

I guess I better get my ass in gear... lol I'll get more pics up tomorrow night. I spent the day rebuilding my main computer after a late night HD crash... You dont realize how much stuff you have saved, till it's gone....

ImBroken said:
I guess I better get my ass in gear... lol I'll get more pics up tomorrow night. I spent the day rebuilding my main computer after a late night HD crash... You dont realize how much stuff you have saved, till it's
gone....

Sucks loosing all the pRoN!

back up hard drive is your pron friend. ;)

Got the other side done tonight, I'll take a few more better pics tomorrow with servos installed..

DSC01083.JPG

I am starting to get the crawler itch.

As soon as I am finished with my brushless e-maxx/t-maxx project, I think I will start accumulating parts for a crawler. I love that chassis.

Now I kick myself for selling my old clod. At least I already have the ESC out of the e-maxx kit that is brand new. Should work great in a crawler since it is already wired for 2 batt and motors. I was getting ready to sell it but not now.

now that you're pRoN is Gone you have time to finish this.....

FastEddy said:
After seeing this chassis I decided that this will be my winter project. Make sure you keep a list of mistakes so I don't repeat them.:p:

These crawlers just seem to get better and better.
Keep up the good work and more pics please.

Get your ass finishing that Cris-Craft.

Get'n er Done.... Did a little more this evening... Comin along....

DSC01108.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01109.JPG

Unfortunately, I'll be pulling the hubs off the axles one more time, to grind off some tabs that act as steering stops.. I'd like to get the maximum throw for the steering servo.
With a long wheelbase, you need every little bit.. I'm still undecided on what rims/tires I'll be using.. I have some clod to Maxx adapters that will allow me to run more of a selection. At the moment I have a set of Ti22 Beadlocks or Maximizer Black 5 hole beadlocks. I'm just thinking that I may like the Jumbomaxx rims/tires better... Decisions...

Back