Inerbeecrew IROCK Crawler Project...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, after collecting a box of parts for my Crawler project, I've finally got started on building this monster.. The first thing I needed to do was rebuild my stock clod axles with bearings and a diff locker. While I was at it, I got some good advice from NCNitro on painting the cases with an Ultra Flat Black.. They came out awesome.. Here's a couple of pics to start this a rollin...

Before:
clodaxle2.jpg

After:
clodaxle1.jpg

Reassembled with Bearings & RC4WD Al. TracGear Locker
gearbox.jpg

Sweet man!

Very good idea about painting the cases...

Here we go... Started assembling the front end...

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

I had enough for tonight... lol I hate working with this tiny hardware... 3 cups of coffee, & I'm shakin like a biotch...

Last edited:
I promised myself that I wouldn't look.
If you get me hooked into this TJ, i'm gonna be pissed.
I looked at these pic's good and long, and it's hard not to want one again.

Wait till it starts to look like something... lol I just put it on hold till Tuesday.. I had to order some BLACK hardware to use instead of these gold nuts/washers they include with the kit... You'd think for that much $$, they'd at least give you black hardware... Anyway, my order from Mcmaster will ship on Monday... lol Anal, I know... but hey...

Here's a teaser shot... I can't wait to start seeing what this things capable of....

irockclimb.jpg

ImBroken said:
Here's a teaser shot... I can't wait to start seeing what this things capable of....

irockclimb.jpg

Can you say articulation? I know once you get yours all together I'm gonna want one of them too....

NCNitro said:
I guess that means you will be building two of them ImBroken. Yours and MSLY's, lol.

Yes that is correct. He is my little pit bitch!

msly said:
Yes that is correct. He is my little pit bitch!

If someone dont get their tightass wallet open, they'll be pushin it round the yard, goin vroom, vroom..... lol

ImBroken said:
If someone dont get their tightass wallet open, they'll be pushin it round the yard, goin vroom, vroom..... lol

You talking to me? LOL

DOH! but if you get him to the "Cafe" money sure flows pretty well.

msly said:
We dont really wanna tell the cafe story do we??? LOL Do We??? LOL
All I have to say is that the ATM there gives out monopoly money.

Diver6127 said:
All I have to say is that the ATM there gives out monopoly money.

haha... you got shnooked.... lol A good friend of mine decided to take out $200 from that very same ATM, figuring he'd drop another $40 & use the rest grocery money... Well... let's just say the look on his face was priceless... lol

Now stop crappin on my thread dimwits.... :)

Man, looking through this thread makes me want one of these bad boys... They look sooo awesome!!! Whats the price tag on one of em?

It adds up quick... lol That chassis kit is a tad expensive, at $479, but it comes with basically everything you need as far as the chassis goes. Most kits dont include bumpers, servo mounts, link mounts, optional dual wheel steering...etc
The ESC's run about $90 - $155.
The batteries run about $30 a piece.
Rims/Tires, same as Nitro MT's, unless you go for the Al. Beadlocks at about $200 a set.
Stock clod axles on Ebay, around $70
Then you have diff lockers, bearings, wires, plugs, shocks, motors, pinions... etc..
As you can see, it can get expensive real fast.. Alot of guys build there own chassis, 4 link & bumpers.. Save alot of cash right there..

Back