Inerbeecrew IROCK Crawler Project...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How ya like the venom batteries? And what ya using to charge em?

Well, shizzle! Now I'm hooked, damnit! 4u trades for a crawler, I read this entire thread AGAIN, now I'm going to start researching them and building one!

Like Charlton Heston said, "Damn you, damn you all to HELL!"

its not in my hands yet..But I deffinatly have the bug.. And I have Zandor and this thread to thank.. Thanks guys.. (I can always move out next year..lol)

4u2nv said:
How ya like the venom batteries? And what ya using to charge em?

They seem to work very well.. I'll get some numbers for ya...
I'm charging them with an MRC Superbrain 959.

Damn that is just a Sick @ss crawler right there:OMG: Anyways, I'm not really the crawler type but just had to say thats awsome !

Ray

hey I'm broken!! i havent been reading the forum I've just been drooling over the pics...... that is a beautiful chassis man now post some sweet action shots with your body but dont scratch it!!!

bbtg

very very nice broken! as an adult i know what things cost. and that monster had to cost a left nut or so. i would love to build one. but i would get bored of it. I'm all about speed. how ever if i do build one i know alot of machinest that will hook me up with custome made parts.
my questions to you is: is there any thing on your crawler that you would change?
i drive truck and i seen the new volvo dump trucks. they dont steer the front tires. see in the middle is a pivit (dont know if i spelled it right) joint that stears it. not only that but in that joint is also the suspention. I've seen them thing craw every where. here is a link that took me 20 min to find to show you my idea of starting a new age crawler.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/vie...llow_track_link=1&track=02329f8120-3413b&sp=1

Ruff said:
very very nice broken! as an adult i know what things cost. and that monster had to cost a left nut or so. i would love to build one. but i would get bored of it. I'm all about speed. how ever if i do build one i know alot of machinest that will hook me up with custome made parts.
my questions to you is: is there any thing on your crawler that you would change?
i drive truck and i seen the new volvo dump trucks. they dont steer the front tires. see in the middle is a pivit (dont know if i spelled it right) joint that stears it. not only that but in that joint is also the suspention. I've seen them thing craw every where. here is a link that took me 20 min to find to show you my idea of starting a new age crawler.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/vie...llow_track_link=1&track=02329f8120-3413b&sp=1

On that particular chassis, there's a few changes that I would make. In fact, Inerbeecrew put out a 2nd version of it, which corrected a few issues. I had to use a few aluminum tube spacers to gain clearance for the shocks during extreme articulation. I am also experiencing a few issues with the 4wheel steering. The rear tends to want to crawl into the front while in a hard turn. I've since read that putting a larger pinion in the front will help with this issue.
Other than adding a few spacers, and decent hardware. it was a fun build..
Very costly as you can tell, but fun as hell.. lol
That Volvo dumper is a pretty neat design.. I think I saw a crawler something like that.. I'll have to search a little, and see if I can't find it for ya..

** OK, it wasn't what I thought.. This is an odd style crawler though.. Check it out..
http://mujweb.cz/www/Snailer/Snailer E.htm?r=5218

Last edited:
Since I was lurking since pretty much the start of this thread I have to say...

Fantastic project,must be fun to build and then watch it conquer the landscape.

May not be fast but sure not much can stop one in its tracks.

broken. when your truck it straight (with no steering) I'm thinking the gear ratio is set up perfict. but when you trun I'm thinking it changes for some reason. so the rear might crawl a little bit more/faster/slower than the front. i dont think there is a way to change this.
as for the volvo I'm going to go back to photo shop and try to create that center joint. i know there is a way!

Back