HPI-Killers Axial XR10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hope it does not affect the performance too much, I dont want to go back to the hammers lol:hehe:
Looks good but damn those Pit Bulls are wide, I see some serious shock rubbing in your future, LOL!!!!

Yeah that too, and thanks hehe, glad you guys like it, had my black color tip clog up and blow up all over my arm so I too look diseased...:D
Looks like one of those things like a bunch of cells or whatnot going bad from some kind of crazy disease. Looks good nice job.

You just need to get some narrower wheels or narrow up the stock ones, the other option is some J Fab hexes that will move your wheels out about another 3/16" on each side.

When I rig my dual escs up is there a certain way to wire or just like normal? BEC + ESC to front motor & 2nd ESC to rear? Can I cut the other escs on/off switch off as well?

Anyone on the esc Q? Also, Since my pitbulls are so wide, do they have wheels that have the apropriate (spell check) offset to clear my shocks on a full turn? Looking to get a nice set of wheels

No offense but why are you still trying to run dual esc's with that radio? The rc4wd radio wont make running dual esc's purposeful at all.

Personally I would love to see you run something other than VP wheels since everyone else is running them. Thats why I switched to some Comp Phatty's from Mayhem.

No offense but why are you still trying to run dual esc's with that radio? The rc4wd radio wont make running dual esc's purposeful at all.

WantASummit on RCC has adapters for single esc radios that allows dual escs, so I picked one up and he said they work on the rc4wd x4 so I picked one up, fwd , F&R DIG + Adjustable bias

Personally I would love to see you run something other than VP wheels since everyone else is running them. Thats why I switched to some Comp Phatty's from Mayhem.

Will the wheels you use allow proper spacing for pitbulls? If so I will look into a set, I had planned on going all out with VP real soon actually but as far as wheels I'm not picky on brand, just dont wanna run hammers or buy new tires:\

Last edited:
Mayhem makes some sweet wheels as well. I have a set of Double Phats.

VP DH2's up front with weights, and SLW V4's in the rear.

What widths would you reccomend? I know nothing about offsets and widths and all that sort so I have not the slightest clue

Also making my XR hop-up list, hopefully ordering in the next week or so, to complete my list I need some really good uppers and lowers, preferably made of delrin, if not some nice alum ones.

My list includes:
EEM HC Chassis
VP Tranny Case x2
VP Motor Plate x2
VP Incision Knuckles
VP Chubs
VP Lockouts
VP DH Pro Comp II Wheels x2?
VP SLW V4 Wheels x2?

From there I have no clue haha.

Also making my XR hop-up list, hopefully ordering in the next week or so, to complete my list I need some really good uppers and lowers, preferably made of delrin, if not some nice alum ones.

My list includes:
EEM HC Chassis
VP Tranny Case x2
VP Motor Plate x2
VP Incision Knuckles
VP Chubs
VP Lockouts
VP DH Pro Comp II Wheels x2?
VP SLW V4 Wheels x2?

From there I have no clue haha.

The DH2's with 1 spacer removed to make them about 1" wide and a 585 hub, the SLW V4's 1" wide with a 350 hub or if you want it a little wider go with the 475 hubs, I am actually thinking about going to the 475 hub myself so that is not such a drastic difference in in width front to rear.

Last edited:
So 575 up front @ 1", what are spacer removers? 475 hubs rear? Who sells these hubs and removers vp?

Last edited:
Okay after selling some of my scaler parts n pieces on RCC and possibly my nitro here, I am ever closer to my first mod but am lost between goin VP gear/tranny setup or the SNG HC Chassis? I dont plan on getting my rig really really bound up because I know what happens to these things with stock gearing. If I do go chassis first will the AX10 delrin links I used work? Or will I need to buy or use the stock aluminum ones? If niether, can someone reccomend some? I love delrin

Because the from what I have read and hear the stock chassis works pretty well and has a lot of adjustments I would probably upgrade the drive train first, JMO If you do decide to get the chassis you will also need to get or make links to adjust the wheels base and motor angles with the lower and upper links.

Because the from what I have read and hear the stock chassis works pretty well and has a lot of adjustments I would probably upgrade the drive train first, JMO If you do decide to get the chassis you will also need to get or make links to adjust the wheels base and motor angles with the lower and upper links.

Did you custom links? Or where did you get your links, or are they custom

Yeah, upgrade the things that break first. The SNG line of chassis isnt going to leave any time soon.