HPI-Killers Axial XR10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as works with a 4 channel with no epa on 3rd and 4th channel. Whatever epa means

EPA = End Point Adjustment

As far as needing it to get the punk dig to work I am not sure on that, but I would think as long as it is sending a signal to change position on the 3rd channel you would be ok.

Damn rpp hobby is fast with things.just got my lot of stuff today but am in the middle of a move and should get pictures tonight or tomorrow so bare with me

Damn rpp hobby is fast with things.just got my lot of stuff today but am in the middle of a move and should get pictures tonight or tomorrow so bare with me

Your moving to, we are moving next weekend, LOL!!!! Guess I got lucky and got my rig done just in time, well we will be waiting for the pics.:D

Lol its killing me just staring at the bags of parts while packing my crap. At least I got to cut my body out lol

Okay I'm working on the front axle and just dropped the final gear into the housing and I can't turn the gears at all but when I have the gear case door off I can rotate the gears. What the hell is going on? I meshed the motor prior to this step also:\

Any tips on turnbuckle threading? I can't get them to thread to save my life..

Lol nevermind there opposite threaded...

Last edited:
Okay I'm working on the front axle and just dropped the final gear into the housing and I can't turn the gears at all but when I have the gear case door off I can rotate the gears. What the hell is going on? I meshed the motor prior to this step also:\

Which gear are you trying to turn? If it is the final out put gear that turns the locker and you have the motor attached it is very hard to turn because of the gearing in the tranny. Also did you do the motor mount plate mod? It makes it possible to remove the tranny with out having to pull a axle. looks like this. VP Comes this way and on the right the Axial one I did the mod too.
DSCF1288Small.jpg

Any tips on turnbuckle threading? I can't get them to thread to save my life..

Lol nevermind there opposite threaded...

LMAO!!!!!:hehe:

Lol no I don't have my dremel out. I think I'll be okay since I already meshed the motor. will my ax10 delrin links work? If so I will use them. uploading pictures now

Does it matter if I drill small holes in my rims as vents?

:angry:Grrr... How do I remove a stripped beadlock screw? Damn!!

Last edited:
I vent all of my rims. Some people vent their tires instead but I've always prefered to do the rims.

You can dremel a grove in your screw and use a flat head screw driver.

He doesn't have his Dremel out, LOL!!!!! but that is how I get them out too. I also prefer to vent the wheels, ususally a couple 1/8" holes, and as far as your delrin links go they might work they might not, Mine were to short because the point where they attach on the axles was farther out on the XR10 then were they attached on my AX10.

Well shes all but done other than electrics but damn my fingers hurt. About 10 hours to build & here she is, they are cell phone pics sorry
2011-02-25203320.jpg
2011-02-25205032.jpg
2011-02-26003405.jpg
2011-02-26083834.jpg
2011-02-26083848.jpg
2011-02-26102616.jpg
2011-02-26123453.jpg
2011-02-26124844.jpg

Frustrated I can't assemble my 4th wheel right now.....

Last edited:
Looks good but damn those Pit Bulls are wide, I see some serious shock rubbing in your future, LOL!!!!

The stock wheels are horrible to assemble in my opinion. Maine thing to remember is to make sure that the screws you put in the rear axle battery tray are the exact right ones. SO many people got them mixed up and put one just alittle too long in and it goes for enough in that in hits and destroys your axle/gears.

Lol yeah I triple checked it because of that very reason, rcc had it posted. Yeah these rims are a joke to put together ..
The stock wheels are horrible to assemble in my opinion. Maine thing to remember is to make sure that the screws you put in the rear axle battery tray are the exact right ones. SO many people got them mixed up and put one just alittle too long in and it goes for enough in that in hits and destroys your axle/gears.

I only used like 3 of those screws on each wheel...

Like in this pictures. I put the good ones in first then the crappy ones went in easy since there wasn't much resistance then.

002-137.jpg

Yeah I couldnt put another pattern on that screw so I drilled it out so now its going to look funny, but oh well it was pissing me off big time.....

Just got done painting my body and tried a funky teqnique for the green pattern.
I misted the area with a spray bottle then sprayed my green over it, let it dry then backed it with black, then I squiggled a crack design on the front with a fine sharpie, but when I backed it I didnt realize the silver was going to lighten the pattern, but oh well it still looks good imo, just needs decals. (The area thats blank on the hood is going to being cut-out for the servo to move freely.)

Enjoy
P1050775.jpg

P1050774.jpg

P1050773.jpg

Body looks good, I like the effect you came up with on the green, very different for sure.

Body looks good, I like the effect you came up with on the green, very different for sure.

Thanks curtis, yeah I really wasn't sure how it was going to look at all, was not quite what I had in mind but the end result was just as cool, reminds me of a reptile look

Looks like one of those things like a bunch of cells or whatnot going bad from some kind of crazy disease. Looks good nice job.