Chubaka's Ford F450

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Just came in off the truck. Silver F450, some NHX fog lights, and a white copperhead 10. The motor will be ordered soon, a Castle 1406 2850kv slate motor. Until then my 10ii copperhead and 2250 or 3800kv will go in.

20231027_163551.jpg

20231027_163338.jpg

I like the white. I have no use for one but i still want it. Excited to see what you do with it

I like the white. I have no use for one but i still want it. Excited to see what you do with it
Its actually a silver color. I plan on doing a landscape wrap on it. I plan on one pearl white with blue flake and maybe a candy apple red in the future.

Being a street truck, I don't think anyone has a use for it. I wanted it to pull my touring car around and if I take it on a 6+ mile journey I can throw some spare lipos in the trailer, or even in the bed for that matter.

Just came in off the truck. Silver F450, some NHX fog lights, and a white copperhead 10. The motor will be ordered soon, a Castle 1406 2850kv slate motor. Until then my 10ii copperhead and 2250 or 3800kv will go in.

View attachment 173820

View attachment 173821
I remember that feeling when I pulled mine out of the box! Dam those are cool!
1698459032892.gif

I h
I remember that feeling when I pulled mine out of the box! Dam those are cool!
View attachment 173842
I held it, spun it around and spun the wheels for about 10 minutes. About to yank the weak esc and associated motor and drop in a turbo diesel! Still haven't drove it. The first version was 3s and had fire issues. The fix seems to be 2s only.

Sweet. Please show us the result. There is so much room in that body, you can do anything!
I am currently upgrading the bumpers, lights, body and undercarriage in mine.

Sweet. Please show us the result. There is so much room in that body, you can do anything!
I'm looking at the 5th wheel ball and a hitch. I'm looking at bumper ideas too. I'm gonna try to clear the lights with alcohol for the light buckets. I have a locker for the rear and am looking at yanking the front dog bone.Time to dust off the 3d printer too for dome accessories.

I thought about a nitro engine just to feel it pull! I still might.

I'm looking at the 5th wheel ball and a hitch. I'm looking at bumper ideas too. I'm gonna try to clear the lights with alcohol for the light buckets. I have a locker for the rear and am looking at yanking the front dog bone.Time to dust off the 3d printer too for dome accessories.

I thought about a nitro engine just to feel it pull! I still might.
A 5th wheel hitch. That will be awesome. I think @TRAT did that to his. Let's see if he chimes in here.
NItro, seems you are going full tilt on the power train. I'd love to see that. Mine will be used mostly to pull my trailers around for pics and video so I am concentrating on the scale.

A 5th wheel hitch. That will be awesome. I think @TRAT did that to his. Let's see if he chimes in here.
NItro, seems you are going full tilt on the power train. I'd love to see that. Mine will be used mostly to pull my trailers around for pics and video so I am concentrating on the scale.
I know all bout trat and his only bought truck the 450. 🤣

Cen Racing has the Chaos line for this truck. That line has all the aluminum links, bumper receiver and the 5th wheel mount. Being I don't have 100k for the truck and another 100k for suspension, I'm debating about it on this truck, in black of course. Hell these 26s in real life are like 20k+!

As for nitro it will be next year when it cools down and only for a few runs. The reason behind is electric rc are instant torque. My .15 nitro sport would wait until the power band to lift the wheels or get a good spin going. I'm hoping to try .15, 3.3 and a big block just to compare all motors and electric setup on the same chassis.

Power hobbies has a nice trailer for 300. I think within a year I'm gonna have 3 or 4 trailers. 🤪

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050634704...5WDuqsVTHPguoSe1cKGvE0W05UFwneZ4aAiqYEALw_wcB

kevin talbot put 6s in his.......
I'm all in for more power. But there comes a time where the factory driveline gives in the white flag. And tires can get pricey...... especially 4 instead of 2. 🤪

By undercarriage, you referring to the aluminum links the the cnc block aluminum links? I'm planning on one of those every other month, in black ofcourse. I am disappointed they offer black and red but not blue. Ford's color is blue. 🤔

As she sits before surgery. Haven't drove her yet. Swapping esc, motor, and receiver. Got some body work planned. After the initial drive I am pulling the front dog bone for rwd.

I did cut out a bed mat.

20231030_104533.jpg

20231030_115359.jpg

Last edited:
Back