Chubaka's Ford F450

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the silver, I spun a new locker. I shoved it back in to try out and it was still in neutral. Cleaning up the locker for photos to send to cen. Not even an hour of runtime.

View attachment 181132

The lightweight locker is what I have and is aluminum. The other says metal. I'm assuming steel.

https://www.cenracingusa.com/products/ckq0216

https://www.cenracingusa.com/products/ckq0218

Open diff is going back in. Gonna see about the metal locker and go ahead and buy the aluminum duff housing and hd diff gears. There goes the aluminum hop up money!
To be honest man, I think you're asking a LOT of those small axles to handle those duals on there. I can't imagine how well the mating socket in the spool is machined, but there has to be some tolerance for the axle to slide in. There just can't be a lot of surface area there eating all that rotational force. Especially in situations where you're getting a lot of grip. If it were me, I'd use a diff with some heavy fluid.

Just imagine grabbing each rear wheel and trying to twist the axle til something gave. Looking at that, it really wouldn't take much.

To be honest man, I think you're asking a LOT of those small axles to handle those duals on there. I can't imagine how well the mating socket in the spool is machined, but there has to be some tolerance for the axle to slide in. There just can't be a lot of surface area there eating all that rotational force. Especially in situations where you're getting a lot of grip. If it were me, I'd use a diff with some heavy fluid.

Just imagine grabbing each rear wheel and trying to twist the axle til something gave. Looking at that, it really wouldn't take much.
I'm already thinking of building a custom axial based dually and chilling on this one. I'm too familiar with the twisting until breakage.

I might call glue some planetaries together like the traxxas 2wd. I might even try to ca glue this locker and axles after a good cleaning. 🤔

Regardless, the front drive is all brand new. In the rear it goes.

Back together. Factory open diff, and my hitch installed. I gotta shave my scale hitch to fit this reciever.

20240209_142125.jpg

20240209_143159.jpg

20240209_143405.jpg

20240209_150511.jpg

20240209_150518.jpg

Factory diff still working. Got the other locker snd aluminum diff cups on the way. I was involved in a hit and run. I hit it and dipped. Caught traction drifting and hit the dumpster area door. 🤣

20240213_101248.jpg

Got my rear diff locker on. The new steel spool seems to be working but I know it's gonna go at some point. Also added the copper head 10 in white so the black can go back in the 10.2.

Lights are almost wired up and I plan to continue painting the new body.

20240222_100101.jpg

20240222_100015.jpg

20240220_142126.jpg

The steel diff seems to be holding up. These big deep dishes will hold leaves and dirt like a semi will a water bottle!

Thinking about getting these same wheels in aluminum for when it's on display. I am gonna get some more agreesive tires on 1.9 aluminum duallies. These are 2.6.

Screenshot_20240229_161700_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_161639_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_161648_Video Player.jpg

Between the locker, the castle motor, and doing donuts on damp and dry concrete in and out of the leaves and from grass to concrete I have found nuetral.

Time to bring out the axial.

20240304_100519.jpg

The drive shaft I bought is for the front to link the trannny to the pumpkin. I installed it, flipped the tranny gears for speed and went front wheel driving burning up the street. I also installed my front diff cover. The diff case and gears I have not added yet. Too lazy to yank the axles out.

20240315_140024.jpg

20240315_120634.jpg

20240308_113223.jpg

I learned this beast is best left unlocked. The spool doesn't like the jarring while being forced to spin for my pleasure.

My drive yesterday it spun so I was rear right drive. It mysteriously fixed itself for some drifting and donuts in the leaves and dirt. Today it was great on wet concrete. Right after I exited a small pond it went again.

I learned this beast is best left unlocked. The spool doesn't like the jarring while being forced to spin for my pleasure.

My drive yesterday it spun so I was rear right drive. It mysteriously fixed itself for some drifting and donuts in the leaves and dirt. Today it was great on wet concrete. Right after I exited a small pond it went again.
That's weird 🤔

Back