BRAKES on the Aftershock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok so whats with the breaks on this Rig they are a pain in the butt to get set up I'm haveing no fun with this.. so any help would be greatfull..the clutch shoes are working Exellent. read fixed the high rev on aftershcok thread to understand.anyway HAPPY BASHING

Ok so whats with the breaks on this Rig they are a pain in the butt to get set up I'm haveing no fun with this.. so any help would be greatfull..the clutch shoes are working Exellent. read fixed the high rev on aftershcok thread to understand.anyway HAPPY BASHING
Hope this will help i put a some gas line on mine instead of the spring and the brake works great good luck hope you get it fixed soon

Ok I did that on my savage and it worked good to. I guess i'll have to try it on the losi as well thanx jettman

I agree with the fuel line instead of the spring. Very easy to set up and adjust, plus it provides more braking power if you need it.

I'm having break problems too, what is this fuel line fix?

What are your actual problems? Are they not engaging or are they hanging up on you when the brakes aren't applied?

they either wont engage or they lock up when applied. or they are slightly engaged when the stick is in "neutral". basically i can't find the sweet spot and when i do, it wont stay there for more than about 3/4 tank.

you know the two-way throttle situation ont the truck is not working like it should its not made right. its like when I get mine set up its gonna eather have ok brakes and a high Idle witch somtimes dies once brakes are applide. its like they almost cancle eachother out. the break arm and throttle arm its stupid and yeah if you get the breaks set up to good it will flip the truck over.

Oh man thats good to know cuz i'm driving with almost no breaks. and well a bad thing happened the other night. My friend and I were racin around my front yard track and going into turn 4 you have to enter the street and back into my drive way. SLAM CRUUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHH got ran over by a van and it was under her front tire and skidding on the Asphault. It left a 6 foot long gouge in the road.

DAMAGE was
fuel tank
bottom aluminum plate
rear shock tower
body post's thats it I had the Integy big piggy back shocks on it too and they survived with out a scratch.......YES I very lucky. next day I was up and running again. So breaks would help me a lot.:gulp:

I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!..lol. Ok.... I can get away with saying that because, I was there. Just kidding Savagecre...Yea, That brake upgrade sounds really cool, neobart. As you may recall, I have the LST1 and may need to do the same thing. Do you remember what the going rate was on the new linkage setup? Approx. No need to go shopping....yet. thanks.

Last edited:
And what was that...What didnt' it come with

Right.................that seems just like the manufactures to do that.

Well, at least its not an arm and a leg to upgrade. I consider that good news in my book. Thanks, Olds97. Is the servo arm replaced as well in this mod?

OOOOh looks nice I like it.

I actually just bought a vertigo CF disk to replace my two disk rotors. I'm hoping it will help with the periodic binding of my brakes. I'm also hoping it will stop the truck!

I never had a problem with them actually "braking" and engaging, I had a problem with them sticking when they weren't on.

I actually just bought a vertigo CF disk to replace my two disk rotors. I'm hoping it will help with the periodic binding of my brakes. I'm also hoping it will stop the truck!

I never had a problem with them actually "braking" and engaging, I had a problem with them sticking when they weren't on.
lol....Ok.. I heard that. Keep us posted on that one Olds97.

Back