BRAKES on the Aftershock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it shows up tomorrow/today so I can run it Sat/Sun to find out how much clutch shoe mod works and the new brake disk works.

I'm also hoping my jato shows up and that it's in decent shape...

Sounds great, Olds. I hope you have a great time with it, my friend. You bought a Jato?

Well, the disk showed up yesterday and I re-did the stock AS linkage to have sliders instead of the weird servo saver. I haven't run it yet, but it appears to slow it down ok. Not nearly as aggressive as stock though. It spins nice and smooth when the throttle is at idle though, so that's good. I'm supposed to hook up with some guys this afternoon to go bashing. I'll know better after I get some fuel through it. I don't think it would work well at all with a stock servo. I'm using a 590 vs a 270 for throttle/brake.

I got the jato on a trade. I had a MLST with brushless and I'm fairly certain I would never really use it. I traded my savage for the MLST to a friend in need.

You know,
I haven't really got a good chance to inspect my LST1 yet for this linkage issue, but from the looks of it on my buds AS, I'd have to say that its another example of the unexceptable annoyances that have surfaced in a brand new truck....
oh!.. I'm getting started again..lol

I like to check out a 1/10 truck some time.
They seem like they would be alot of fun for neighborhood meyhem and alot more durable due to the scale factor.

Let us know how the linkage setup works out, Olds97.

Later

After taking it out and beating it for 3 or 4 tanks, the vertigo brake works really well. It took a few long hard stops to get the disk wore in a bit and now it stops well and is very smooth. No more grabbing when at idle and coasting.

Keep in mind, I'm using a 590M for throttle/brake. I think it's almost necessary to have at least 80oz of torque for the vertigo disk to work well.

I read somewhere that the losi guy (drake I think?) used a 8ight brake disk on his racer LST2 and it works really well. Apparently it fits right on without any hassles. If I remember correctly, the 8ight has two different sized disks. I think the larger disk is on the front and smaller on the rear. More grab and less fade I'm guessing.

Yea, Its time for me to start messing the the LST1 again. Your throttle tips and brake info is real helpful, Olds.
I be posting Q's and updates here, for sure

I got off track with the LST1 due to breaking in the Dynamite 28 mill I'd spoke of in past posts.

Its doing GREAT!

I'll slam the DYna 28 in the LST, and then break in the OS 30 vg in the Savage. Just so I don't have extra headaches.

Keep an eye out for other threads, also.

Back