Zune

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft= Me wanting to do what the guy in your avatar is doing!

I'm getting ready to jump ship once I get a few things in order.

I dunno. I would wait till the second round of these things to come out. I think microsoft pushed them too quick to comete with the ipod this christmas. If you want something right now i would suggest the ipod. They are def ahead of the game in the mp3 player market.

I hope they sell like hotcakes.:yes:

cough cough Microsoft share holder cough cough

The Zune has a lot more features than the ipod, and is a better value. Bigger screen, radio, wifi (more capabilities to be unlocked later).
If you don't already have an ipod, the Zune is the better choice if the extra thickness doesn't bother you. But if you already have an ipod, and a lot of purchased music on itunes, you'll have to re-buy it all on MS's music service, or use a program to crack the itunes DRM. But, it'll automatically import all you non itunes-DRM'ed files to your zune library which is pretty cool.
MS is also going to have very good integration with the zune and 360 though. You'll be able to use your 360 marketplace points to buy songs and videos for your zune via the zune software. I'm sure you'll also be able to share content between the zune and 360 as well.

But, if you're planning on connecting your zune to the PS3, don't count on it. Sony got all pissed at MS because MS looses only $75/360, and sony looses $341/PS3 they sell, (ok, maybe they're not pissed at MS about that part, lol) and the the whole MS and Sony bashing each other on their respective consoles; so the Zune appears on a PS3 as an unrecognized device, but the iPod is recognized just fine, lol.

But, if apple does announce the Video iPod at Macworld in January, Zune will need to play catch-up...BIG-TIME.

Yes folks, there is a difference between the Video iPod, and the iPod video.

P.S.- Good thing the PS3 doesn't use batteries...

Last edited:
Happy Pappa's day to me!

My wife surprised me with a new toy! I read that article but none of the numerous restriction really pertain to me. I'm not into purchasing music online. I've always preferred owning a hardcopy, and since there aren't any restrictions on ripped music it's no big deal. I'm somewhat interested in the service they offer. I get a free trial so I'll get an idea of what that's all about. Since neither of us own an IPod/mp3 player yet we have fiddled with the idea of getting IPhones but I've done some research and would rather wait untill the next generation is released. Untill then this should keep me entertained :)

So far this thing is pretty sweet guys. I've got 6xx songs, 1 music video, 1 short home video and I've only used like 2 gigs or so. I found a DVD-Zune software program which I'm trying right now. I havn't bought it yet, just checking out the trial version (the video will have a watermark). Currently I'm ripping Linkin Park live in Texas DVD in "out of the box" quality. Later I'm going to do Pink Floyd The Wall in higher quality to check out the difference.

Back