Working hood scoop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump for unanswered questions.

Okay Alpine we know you know the mechanics on your radar gun & siren/flesh light control panel...

But what about a shot of NOS & one of them fancy soopercharger doohickies, gotta take that into affect too ya know.. Its not all bells n whistles like your cruiser :D

find the fix

RB innovations makes kinda what your after, except its for 1/5 R/C:

http://www.rbinnovations.com/Hyper_Charger_Air_Filter_p/ra6000.htm

Also they make ram air filter set ups for 1/8 but they hardly look as good as a hyper charger air filter.

---------- Post added at 6:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:40 PM ----------

I was thinking about mounting it on my savage FLM chassis, where the centre mount fuel tank would go.

They don't allow Alpine to use NOS on his cruiser. It makes it too easy for him to catch speeders. The only stoopid things are the occasional occupants of his cruiser's back seat.

I don't build these for show. If it actually worked, don't you think I'd have one on here?

Sav11.jpg

They don't allow Alpine to use NOS on his cruiser. It makes it too easy for him to catch speeders. The only stoopid things are the occasional occupants of his cruiser's back seat.

I already broke on car. :( but they gave me another one! :)

You have the right to wear pants; any failure to do so could result in a mandatory BCS.

You have the right to actually use your RC models; failure to do so can cause them to be given to n00bs to use in the mud pit to learn to tune properly.

I don't build these for show. If it actually worked, don't you think I'd have one on here?

Sav11.jpg

I'm sorry but every I see those shocks on the wheely bar I can't help but laugh.. it looks cool, and i know took a ton of work, but cmon Rolex shocks on the wheely bar?

I figured they were functional, I'be just never seen that before and it's very unique :)

If not a hood scoop, would a stretched out filter neck like the bling machine actually function the same as a standard length filter?

From the way i see it, it would be more restrictive forcing the air to travel further down a constricting pipe.

From the way i see it, it would be more restrictive forcing the air to travel further down a constricting pipe.

Thats kinda what I figured between that and the engine not having to proper power to draw it fluently through the length.

It might ever so slightly hamper the performance having that longer tube, not so much where a person would notice the difference, having that tube run to the front of the Bling Thing just means Rolex is scooping up way cleaner air than the rest of us mounting our filters in the regular spot...think about it I get a lot of dirt and debris kicked onto my savages by the front tires alone,

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:32 PM ----------

It would make a bigger negative difference if he had to curve and bend that tube to fit he application, example: straight straw verses a curvy straw, straight straws are always easier to drink from

Rolex's aint scooping up ANY air.

.....ya your right, he ain't scooping, but he does get cleaner air with his set up, ya gotta give me that one.

Back