wondering what to clean with

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckrevo33

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey everyone i was just wondering what everybody does to clean their truck. i always blow it down real good with air,but as far as getting good and clean what do you guys do? should you tear it down every time you run it or is there something you can clean it with like simple green or something? i am trying to avoid tearing it down every other day just to get all the dirt off.but i like to keep it very clean since i heard dirt is a killer to these things.

hey everyone i was just wondering what everybody does to clean their truck. i always blow it down real good with air,but as far as getting good and clean what do you guys do? should you tear it down every time you run it or is there something you can clean it with like simple green or something? i am trying to avoid tearing it down every other day just to get all the dirt off.but i like to keep it very clean since i heard dirt is a killer to these things.

Simple green works great IMO. I use rags on what i can reach. And q-tips on what i can't (one side wet and the other dry) I only break mine down at the end of the season if i don't plan on running it in the winter. Just remember do small sections at a time and always try to wipe off before it drys on there.

ok, thanks. i dont mind tearing apart cause thats how i find most of what gets bent and everything like that,but it takes to long now that its nice out. lol any other cleaning hints or tips are welcome. has anyone done the balloon over the transmitter thing before? is it worth it to do that?

has anyone done the balloon over the transmitter thing before? is it worth it to do that?
Have done it but i don't run in water to much. But it does work.

has anyone done the balloon over the transmitter thing before? is it worth it to do that?
Have done it but i don't run in water to much. But it does work.

i dont either but i just that sounded kinda funny

I've heard of people mix the simple green and denatured alcohol together. it cleans it well but then evaporates quickly.

I've heard of people mix the simple green and denatured alcohol together. it cleans it well but then evaporates quickly.

+1 Here is my method Hit it with the air compressor, Spray it down with a 50/50 mix of simple green and Denatured alcohol, take a smoke and jack and coke break (to let the spray do its job), Hit it with air compressor again. Put it away.

PS. depending on your age you might have to substitute step 2 with a stick of gum and just the coke.

Go get a spray bottle from Lowe's and a gallon of denatured alcohol.
Get a spray bottle of simple green too. I use it full power.
Buy 1 or 2 paint brushes, either buy or use an old toothbrush.

1. Blast off dirt with air compressor.
2. Use paint brushes and toothbrush to get dirt off.
3. Take off tires.
4. If really dirty, use simple green on RC. Scrub dirt with toothbrush. (skip if it isn't realy dirty/grimy)
5. Rinse the truck with the denatured alcohol.
6. Take tires to sink and spray with simple green, using toothbrush to get crap out of tread.
7. Rinse lightly to prevent water getting to inside of tires and into the foam.
8. Lay out tires on paper towels to dry.

done.

+1 Here is my method Hit it with the air compressor, Spray it down with a 50/50 mix of simple green and Denatured alcohol, take a smoke and jack and coke break (to let the spray do its job), Hit it with air compressor again. Put it away.

PS. depending on your age you might have to substitute step 2 with a stick of gum and just the coke.

thanks for the tip, another way to try.as far as step 2 i am with ya on that accept it would be gin+a little juice. lol:D

thanks for all the tips everybody.these ways all sound a lot better than stripping it down every time.sounds like simple green and denatured alcohol are most popular so far. i just got done with the simple green and rag and toothbrush,very impressed with the simplegreen its nice and shiny and clean.and it only took 1 1/2 hours. way better than all night and part of the morn. lol

my way is a little bit different, since i bought a used revo, i damn near break something each time i run hard so i take out the tranny, the engine and electronics then just wipe the hell out of what i can by spraying brake cleaner then wiping down right after, but i had to do something harsh cause i had a very bad gas leak so the dirt i ran it in was turning to a thick mud each run but now that i bought a new tank i havent ran it since, so i might try the simplegreen method with alcohol, but the alcohol is gonna make it a little tricky for me, blurred vision, lol, jk :D

I still just like to use regular nitro cleaner.( i'm to lazy to mix my own :) )

Simple green for the light jobs, DA where it's caked on or oily.

I use WD40. I spray down anything on the truck that is dirty and then I blow it dry with the air compresser. The rig looks like new everytime. And no it is not all oil soaked when I am done. I even clean the tires and wheels this way.

i ussualy take out the receiver box and the box with the throttle servo and put it to the side. then i take simple green and spray it all over the truck and let it sit for about 5 mins. next i rinse it off with the hose. and finally i spray armour all all over then rinse it off. (the armour all makes the truck look shiny and keeps the dirt/clay away). then it is time to put the truck back together. it only takes a half hour

1261973hr.bmp

Thats just too much. Rolex lmao

But i think it only works for your rigg. lol :D

thanks for the advise rolex, but i think those were made for shelf queens,mine has actual real outside dirt. lol

Back